40

HAPPINESS

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?"

"YES, I'M SO SORR-

"YOU'RE SORRY? I'M GONNA RIP YOUR HEAD OFF, TAEHYUNG! HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME?"

"What are you doing here?" Hana questioned confused when she walked up the stairs and encountered Jeongguk, sitting on the light brown carpet floor in front of Taehyung's room. He looked up.

"They told me to wait outside," he muttered, leaning against the wall. "I'm getting worried though, Jimin was threatening to rip off Tae's head."

Hana chuckled and leaned closer to the door to listen to what Jeongguk was talking about.

"COME HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?"

"I DONT KNOW, ALMOST TWO WEEKS, I THINK-

"TWO FUCKING WEEKS?! YOU'RE DONE-

"I think we should interfere," the woman mumbled when she leaned away with a frown. "Why are they so aggressive?"

"Trust me, it's all Jimin," another voice responded. Yoongi also walked up the stairs, he just went to the toilet for sometime. "Sounds like my boyfriend's ready to kill yours."

Jeongguk looked up with widened eyes, them shortly drifting to Hana who smirked by what Yoongi said. "H-He's not my..."

"Then make him, it's not that hard, you know?" Hana retorted. Jeongguk stared at her in shock and surprise. This was an answer that was supposed to leave Yoongi's mouth.

He cleared his throat, getting up from the floor. "I think we should check up on Tae, they're so quiet all of the sudden."

It's true, the turmoil from earlier died down from one on the other moment.

And suddenly, Jeongguk's worry was getting real when he heard nothing from Taehyung anymore. Not that he thinks Jimin would do something to him, but still, at that moment it just hit him like this. He quickly opened the door and three pairs of eyes gazed into the chaotic room.

But there on the bed, were two best friends in each other's arms, whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears as if they haven't had a fight less than five minutes ago.

Hana cleared her throat, catching the boys' attention. "I have your laundry here, Tae."

"Thanks, mom," the blond's voice sounded quiet, muffled into Jimin's shoulder.

"Is everything alright?" Jeongguk then asked, walking towards the bed, his eyes resting on Taehyung. He noticed a soft red marking the skin around his his eyes and he puffed out a breath in disbelief. "Did you hurt him?"

He looked at Jimin now, who scoffed. "I would never. In comparison to you, you know.."

Jeongguk gulped, getting reminded on his past action and behavior towards Taehyung. "Did you two talk it out now?" He asked, his voice sounding more stern towards Jimin than it was intended in the beginning.

Jeongguk then felt a hand in his shoulder and he calmed down, looking back at Yoongi.

"Tae.. can we talk?" he asked quietly. It was the first time Taehyung looked at him that moment and he nodded softly.

"C'mon Chim, give them some time alone," Yoongi then said, reaching out to grab his boyfriend and drag him away from Taehyung.

Eventually Jimin gave up and walked out with Yoongi, the door closing once they were outside, leaving Taehyung and Jeongguk alone in the room.

The ravenette slowly sat down on the bed too. "Jimin doesn't like me, right?"

A soft laugh left Taehyung. "He said he'll try, but he won't forget what you did to me."

Jeongguk's mouth suddenly felt dry and he swallowed hardly. "He's right, I don't deserve you-"

"Gguk.."

Jeongguk sighed, knowing a discussion about this matter won't lead to anything. "Why did you cry?"

"I wasn't crying," Taehyung muttered, but it was obviously a lie.

Softly, Jeongguk took a hold on Taehyung's chin, making him face him. "Don't lie to me."

Brown glassy eyes studied Jeongguk's eyes for a while, before looking away, a little embarrassed. "I'm just... so happy, you know. I cried out of happiness."

Jeongguk raised an eyebrow, moving his hand away from the blond's face. "What?"

A small smile graced the younger's lips and he scooted closer to Jeongguk, reaching out to take his hand in both of his. "Look," his and Jeongguk's gazes locked, "I have you back now. That's the best thing that ever happened to me and the time with you and everything you gave me in these few days is so much more than I could've ever dreamt of. Honestly, before you came through my window, I was ready to
give up on the thought of you. I'm glad I never did though. I'm so thankful, you never did."

Unreadable warmth ran through the ravenette's body by Taehyung's words. Gently, he squeezed Taehyung's hand. "You know, I'd do anything for you. I know I hurt you and I hate myself for that, everyday even more. I'm so sorry I never gave you the answer you wanted and it took me a year to come back, when I could've come back sooner."

"But as much as I tried to forget you and distance myself from you, push you away from me, it ended up with me feeling even more for you. I just couldn't forget you, it drove me crazy, because I never understood why I felt for you for such a long time. The songs you sung when we were younger, I learned them by heart and whenever they played, everything was crashing back on me. Every little thing, even if it was the tiniest little bit, reminded me of you."

Jeongguk didn't ease his eyes from the blond's even once, even when he saw the tears forming in them. "I missed you, so freaking much. And I'm so sorry that I followed what my parents said without you knowing. I couldn't loose you completely and move to Busan. The thought of not seeing you anymore.. killed me. I'm so sorry for everything. Jimin has every right to be pissed at me and so have you. I'm not expecting your forgiveness."

Speechlessly and while fighting against the roaring sound of his heart and the blurred vision caused by the tears in his eyes, Taehyung found himself bathing in the feeling of a sudden daze. He didn't want to cry, so he fought against his tears by biting hard on his lip, inhaling sharply through his nose to calm down.

"Sorry," Jeongguk mumbled again, laughing a little awkwardly. "I'm probably overloading you again-

"No, please," Taehyung clasped Jeongguk's hand even tighter. "Tell me everything. I want to understand you. If there's something bothering you, no matter what it is, I want to know it. Jimin might not like you because of what happened, but I forgave you. I forgave you with everything I have because I know you and I always knew.. you'd never hurt me deliberately."

Jeongguk sighed out a shaky breath. "If I ever.. if I ever act like an asshole towards you again, you have every right to cuss me out and slap me."

"I'm gonna remember this." Taehyung laughed out a little, making Jeongguk smile.

A short silence followed after that, the loving touch between their fingers remaining.

"This feels great," Taehyung whispered after some time.

"We needed this," Jeongguk responded, "letting everything out."

The blond smiled, feeling so light inside his chest. Feeling so much more inside of his chest. Something he now was so sure of.

"We should go back, we can't leave Yoongi and Jimin with my mom the whole time."

Jeongguk agreed with a nod. "Yeah. Also.. Thank you. For listening to me."

Giving him a fond look, Taehyung leaned towards Jeongguk to give him a small kiss on the cheek, that took the other by surprise. "Don't thank me for that."