4

HATE

"Taehyung!" Jimin's loud voice could be heard through the whole school as he ran towards his best friend who just entered the halls.

Startled, Taehyung removed his earphones from his ears to look around, spotting his best friend.

"Come with me," he said excitedly, grabbing Taehyung's wrist without stopping to run and pulled him through the halls, playing slalom in order to not bump into people. Taehyung followed, apologizing from time to time to students that Jimin still bumped into.

They entered the boys' washroom. "What's wrong?" Taehyung panted out, while Jimin caught his breath too, a smile appearing on his lips. "Yoongi... he's wonderful."

Raising an eyebrow, Taehyung stared at Jimin dumbfounded. "And you pull me through the whole school to tell me this?!"

A pout formed on Jimin's face. "I don't want anyone to hear about it, yet."

Taehyung nodded understandingly. "Right.. how was the date yesterday?"

Almost squealing, Jimin smiled widely, cheeks tinting into a dark pink. "He planned everything and like, we went to the park for a picnic. He was adorable... he said he didn't want the date to be anything big, he just wanted to get to know me more. You won't believe me, but he has taken a liking to me since a few months already."

Taehyung chuckled. "Did he just say that? I think if he really did, he would've made a move earlier—"

"Not everything is about Jeongguk and you, Tae," Jimin retorted, getting annoyed. Yes, Yoongi and Jeongguk are best friends, which does not mean at all that they are both the same.

"That's not what I meant, Chim! I mean that Yoongi seems like someone who acts quick if he wants something, this... wasn't about Jeongguk at all," Taehyung tried to explain in a calm manner. "I really want you to be happy and I'm just a little worried. Get to know him more before taking any meaningful steps, yeah? Promise me to take care.."

Jimin nodded, before hugging Taehyung. "I'm sorry, I just thought you don't like the idea of me and Yoongi."

"I mean it, Chim. As long as you are happy and he treats you right, I'm supporting you and even if I was against it, I can't forbid it to you. It's your love life."

"Don't say that.." Jimin giggled.

"What?" Taehyung questioned confused.

"Love life. Sounds as if I'm already in love with him."

Taehyung chuckled. "You surely sound like on your way towards it."

Jimin turned tomato red, his fluster obvious in his whole body language. "I still don't really know him."

"Get to know him then, if he really likes you, he would want it too," Taehyung said, smiling as he sees his best friend in this flustered state. Oh, love.

"Yeah... About the thing with Jeongguk, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that," the older apologized. Taehyung gave him a tight lipped smile, shaking his head in a reassuring manner.

"It's okay, it doesn't bother me that much. It's in the past."

"He was your best friend though..." Jimin spoke quietly, surprised to hear Taehyung suddenly say something like this, when every time Jeongguk was mentioned, he would sulk and drop the topic, or in some other situation, he would brag about how he is better than him. Although, in some areas he definitely wasn't.

"Was. You're my best friend and he decided to leave. It's been a year, I shouldn't dwell on it anymore, right?" Taehyung smiled, although he wasn't sure of why he just said what he said and if he really meant it. Surely, he didn't. It was a way to convince himself and a way to make Jimin stop worrying.

"I hate him for what he'd done to you," Jimin mumbled, voice getting quieter as his lips formed a pout.

"You don't have to. It's enough when I hate him," Taehyung joked, to which Jimin laughed a little.

"You have every right to hate him."

"I know," Taehyung breathed out, immediately drifting to his thoughts, because as much as he tried to hate Jeongguk, he couldn't.

"Hey, would you mind if I... go search for Yoongi? I want to talk to him."

Taehyung quickly shook his head. "No, go on, I'll just use the toilet quick, class is going to start anyways," he encouraged, smiling brightly.

"Okay then, see you in class. Bye," Jimin bid, shortly hugging Taehyung before leaving.

Still smiling, Taehyung went to one of the stalls, you know, to get some business done. He tensed though, when suddenly the sound of someone flushing the toilet rung through his ears, the noise coming from the stall next to him. There was someone inside? This whole time?

Taehyung was stiff and silent during the time the person left the stall, went to wash his hands and finally left.

That's when Taehyung finally breathed out, his only hope being it was no one who knows him or Jeongguk. Or Yoongi and Jimin, of course, although if the two were to come together in anyway, it for sure wouldn't be a secret.

Taehyung flushed the toilet and also got out the stall to wash his hands and then walk to his all too boring history class, that would begin in two minutes.

He didn't know, from this day on, things would be changing.

author

euhm... anyone else scared for their families in east europe because of war?
don't come at me, i really don't know what's really going on, i just hope the conflict dies before other countries get included and more people get hurt.

my russian bestie got so mad at me for saying that to her😭

praying for the people of ukraine and innocent russians 🤲