14

HUNGRY

"So... what exactly happened?"

Taehyung sighed deeply, putting his half eaten sandwich back into his lunchbox and packing it into his back. He wasn't that hungry, his tummy's been declining food the whole day.

Right now was lunch break and him and Jimin sat in the cafeteria. "You can go to Yoongi if you want-

"No, don't even think about it. I won't leave you until you tell me what's wrong," Jimin interrupted Taehyung's unsuccessful try in distracting Jimin from the topic.

"Fine..." And so he began telling his best friend what happened during the time Jeongguk and him had detention. His voice would waver from stable to unstable depending on what he was talking about in the moment. He didn't leave one detail out, described the whole scenario in the classroom, all the things Jeongguk said and did, as they were engraved in his mind like the name of a winner on a golden trophy.

To say the urge to cry again wasn't there, would probably have been the biggest lie. Taehyung's eyes did sting with tears, but he wasn't going to cry in the cafeteria, with hundreds of students around him. Especially when he had cried the past two days non-stop.

It was hard though, when he began talking about Jeongguk's stay at their house, his encounter with Taehyung's mom and how Taehyung suddenly developed the desire to turn back time and be back in Jeongguk's arms.

"... I told him I won't ever talk to him, until he tells me why he left."

Jimin being himself, hadn't interrupted Taehyung even once. And that is exactly what makes Taehyung so grateful to have Jimin. He lets him talk everything out and listens without interrupting.

"I would say, you probably need to talk to him, but I'm kind of pissed at him."

Taehyung managed to let out a small giggle, Jimin smiled weakly. "To be honest, when you weren't in school yesterday, I spent recess and lunch with Yoongi. Jeongguk was there too."

Taehyung had guessed that, judging from the scene he encountered this morning when he entered the school.

"And Jeongguk seemed a little... absent the whole day. I don't think it was a coincidence. The first thing he did when he saw me was asking where you are."

For some reason, Taehyung felt his heart drop a little. Why would Jeongguk do that?
He kept quiet, although on the inside he heard his heart getting louder.

He just let out a bitter scoff. "Why? To tell me how stupid I am for asking him to stay-

"Don't overdo it, Tae," Jimin said calmly after taking a sip of his strawberry milkshake. "I'm mad at him, like literally I could punch him right now for making you cry, but when he asked me about you yesterday... he genuinely seemed concerned."

Taehyung didn't want to believe it. He didn't want his hopes to get up again, not when it means that he could possibly fall so deep, maybe even deeper than he did before. He won't risk that.

"Never mind, it's unnecessary to talk about this anyways," he spoke out, the bitterness audible in his voice. He had hoped, after talking to Jimin, he would feel more at ease.

Now he just can't stop thinking about Jeongguk even more.

"Tell me something about Yoongi and you," The younger blond changed the topic, forcing a smile on, which Jimin missed to realize how fake it was. That's why it convinced him.

"Like... I don't know," he blushed as he also told Taehyung his story, including every detail. "I didn't think I could... you know.. fall this fast?"

Taehyung giggled by Jimin's flustered face, suppressing the relieved sigh he wanted to let out by how easy it was to change the topic.

"I'm so happy for you. Seriously. I hope he treats you right though, because if not, I'm gonna-

"I know you will," Jimin laughed.

Taehyung's mood lit up during the time the two spent together, talking about god knows what.

This distraction is exactly what Taehyung has needed.

"Spanish is our next class, right?" Jimin questioned and Taehyung nodded first, but then shook his head, realizing it wasn't.

"Nah, we have biology first. Spanish is after that."

Jimin let out a groan. "I hate biology~"

Taehyung smiled. He was pretty good in biology.

Okay, what does just 'pretty good' mean, when he gets full marks on everything he does?
"Did you study for the Spanish test?"

Jimin's eyes widened. "TEST?!"

Taehyung's lips gaped. "You idiot, did you forget that we're writing a test?!"

"Shit, shit, shit- can I borrow your notes? I'm gonna study them during biology."

Taehyung felt the panic of Jimin as if it was his own. "Of course!"

"You idiotic big baby, fucking eat this, I paid for it."

"I didn't tell you to buy me food now, did I?"

"You ungrateful brat, fuck you," Yoongi grumbled, pushing the lunch pack he had bought for Jeongguk towards the younger boy again. "Dude, you look pale as fuck, you need some nutrition."

"If I look pale, what do you look like?" Jeongguk mocked, to which Yoongi just glared at him.

"I like it, but you're not naturally pale like this. You didn't eat yesterday either, what's wrong?"

Jeongguk loved Yoongi for being able to display his care like an act out of madness. Like literally, he'd do the sweetest things a best friend can do and then curse him out like there was no heaven in sight.

"I'm good, just have no appetite lately."

"That's not normal for a foody like you," Yoongi sighed. "C'mon, I paid for this."

"Give it to Jimin."

"I bought it for you, asshole." See, that's exactly what he means.

Jeongguk looked at the lunch pack and let out a small breath. He should really eat something, like he needed the nutrition, especially since he was going to write a test in Spanish today. But his tummy just wouldn't cooperate. He really didn't feel any hunger only ate an apple and one yoghurt throughout today and the day before.

"Thank you, Hyung. But I really can't get a bite down." He spoke truthfully. "I'm sorry."

Yoongi scoffed. "Okay then, what's up with you? You've been a little absent since yesterday."

Jeongguk... he didn't know it himself. He really didn't. He knew it definitely had something to do with a certain blond, but there it stops and he doesn't want to think further. He can't.

"You and Jimin were literally rubbing into my face that I'm single. I was third wheeling the whole day, of course I come over a little absent because of that."

"You're not even seeking relationship, what the hell are you talking about? You can't fool me, shithead," Yoongi grumbled, ruffling the younger boy's hair.

Jeongguk sighed. He barely talks about relationships, because he is really not out for one. He has half of the school ogling behind him everyday, but he's uninterested in every single one of them.

"Spill. What happened?"

The ravenette looked straight into the older's eyes. Hiding that really something happened wouldn't make any sense any more. Yoongi knows Jeongguk too well and he obviously has it figured out. Especially when he just mentions this one name.

"I ate dinner at Taehyung's."