35

SOFT KISSES

"You look tense," Taehyung pointed out as him and Jeongguk sat on the couch of the Kims' living room, watching an episode of Adventure Time together. Yet Jeongguk didn't seem to have his focus on the screen, rather on... actually nothing. He was spacing out, deep in thoughts and Taehyung noticed that.

"Is there something bothering you?"

The ravenette shook his head, as he adjusted the pillow he was leaning on. "Everything's fine."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "So it's not fine. What's up?" He put the cartoon on pause and looked at Jeongguk with expecting eyes.

Jeongguk also looked at him, feeling a stab in his chest by how beautiful Taehyung looked on the other side of the couch, clutching a pillow on his lap, leaning forward on it to be closer to Jeongguk. Nah, this guy is down bad for Taehyung.

He cleared his throat. "Will your mom be okay with me staying here?"

Taehyung stared at him, almost bursting out laughing. "Mom loves you. How come you're asking that?"

Shrugging, Jeongguk moved his gaze down. "I love her, too. It's just so sudden and I know she'd let me stay and all. I still feel miserable for what I've done though-

"Jeongguk..." Taehyung smiled warmly. "She will understand. You owe her an explanation too."

Jeongguk nodded slowly, his lips then curving into a small smile. "You're the best, do you know that?"

The blonde's body went solid for a second and he just looked at Jeongguk with widened eyes.

The older's eyes showed confusion. "Is something?" He asked by Taehyung's sudden reaction.

All of the sudden, hearing Jeongguk say that, Taehyung felt his hands getting clammy, his breath suddenly heaving. His eyes moved towards his lap, where he clasped his hands together. "You know... when you left, I got really mad at your after some time. So when you were doing well in class, I was so pissed that you received all praises, because in my eyes... you didn't deserve them."

A perplexed expression marked the ravenette's features as he wondered why the blond brought this up all of the sudden.

And then, it made klick.

"Is that why you studied so hard?" Jeongguk asked and Taehyung hated to admit it, but he promised himself and Jeongguk to not hide anything anymore and lay all cards openly on the table. So he nodded.

"I wanted to be better than you, I wanted to show you that I was doing great without you, that I wasn't needing you, that I didn't miss you at all. So... I studied, day and night, in order to proof myself to you.." Taehyung chuckled humorlessly, "Pathetic, right?"

Jeongguk quickly shook his head. "No, it's not. I see where you're coming from. What I did was horrible, I agree I didn't deserve to get praised, even if it was just for completing homework," Jeongguk's soft tone let Taehyung feel easier and all the tension from before left the room. "And you know me, I hate studying, but my parents forced me to study a lot and I thought I had to please them, so I obeyed."

When did Jeongguk even got so close? Taehyung hadn't notice how the ravenette was now sitting right next to him.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could've known," Taehyung whispered, which made Jeongguk smile, something inside of him twisting though which caused the smile to drop again.

"Why are you sorry? I am sorry. I was dumb to think obeying my parents was smart. Don't apologize for something you're not at fault for."

Their eyes met as Jeongguk watched Taehyung's face to identify if he understood him. Jeongguk doesn't want Taehyung to feel guilty of anything, not when he is not at fault at all.

Taehyung nodded, his eyes not moving away from Jeongguk's, keeping the force between them going.

Jeongguk was close.

Really close.

Reading Taehyung's expecting expression, Jeongguk reached his hand up, to brush a strand of Taehyung's hair behind his ear. "Is it okay if I kiss you again?"

The darkest shade of pink marked the blond's cheeks and he nodded lightly. A blink of a second later, Jeongguk kissed him softly. Their eyes closed instantly, warmth shooting to both their chests as they became slaves to the sensational comfort this act between them caused.

Taehyung felt happy and suddenly very giddy inside by the soft kisses Jeongguk gave him. No need, no rush, just softly kissing with no destination or farther thoughts. It made him smile. It made him feel contented, safe even.

Jeongguk made him feel safe.

And he wished for nothing more.

"I could do this all day," Jeongguk whispered in a smile after a few more kisses. Taehyung blushed. "I'm not stopping you."

The ravenette chuckled, before leaning down again to claim Taehyung's lips in a longer kiss, with again, no rush or the need to do more. Sometimes an act like this, was so much more reassuring and enjoyable than something the complete opposite.

Taehyung completely succumbed to the hold Jeongguk's lips had on him, and he wanted to be closer to the ravenette, just to feel his warmth, smell his scent. He wrapped his arms around his neck, kissing with a little more force but beholding the intention to not do anything that can lead to more.

Taehyung decided to enjoy moments like this fully, they're beautiful and Jeongguk wasn't complaining at all, brushing his hand through Taehyung's hair while never letting go of his lips.

"I've seen you two doing a lot of stuff that surprised me lately, but this might have topped everything."

The two boys quickly cut away from each other, their eyes wide as they both sat up, Jeongguk with his head hung low and Taehyung's cheeks in an embarrassing pink. "H-hey mom."

Hana squinted her eyes at them. "Don't 'hey mom' me, Taehyung," she said, pinning her son with her eyes. "What's going on?"

She looked to Jeongguk, her eyes softening at the nervous expression he held.

She sighed. "I'll make myself a coffee and then we sit down and you tell me what the actual fuck happened."