15

I'M SORRY

It was funny to watch Yoongi's eyes grow double their size after hearing Jeongguk say that he ate dinner with Taehyung and his mother. "How? I thought you hate each other?"

"I never said that," Jeongguk mumbled under his breath, a strange feeling stirring inside of him, remembering when he was locked in the classroom with Taehyung and the younger was so surprised to hear that Jeongguk never hated him. "Do I give the impression that I hate him?"

Yoongi snorted. "One eye contact of you two feels like sunshine on metal- burning hot. It always looks like you're both ready to pluck each other's eyeballs whenever you're in the same room. So... yeah."

Jeongguk chuckled a little because of the description Yoongi used. "I don't hate him."

"Bruh, I know. You're constantly talking about him," Yoongi rolled his eyes. "You're an idiot for what you did."

He knows it. Jeongguk was well aware of it and he hated that he had to do that. "I had no other choice."

"You did," Yoongi grumbled. "You could've started new with your family in another city, after saying goodbye to Taehyung properly and explain everything. You decided to stay and broke his heart by that. I don't mean to judge you, but you acted like a selfish prick and I'm totally judging you for that."

"Thanks, I love you too," Jeongguk scoffed, Yoongi's words nothing new to him. He is never going to expect from Yoongi to be on his side in this whole situation, as he knows he did an selfish act that cost him his best friend.

"How did you end up at Taehyung's house though? Didn't your mom shred you to pieces?"

"She doesn't know," Jeongguk's expression fell hard by the mention of his mother. "She can't control my life forever."

"That's what I'm saying, dude." The seriousness in Yoongi eyes and his voice surprised Jeongguk. "You need to tell Taehyung what happened."

"Okay class, please leave only your writing tools that you need for the exam on your tables and put everything else aside."

"Were my notes helpful?" Taehyung asked his best friend.

"I'm so gonna fail this one," Jimin grumbled under his breath. "What if I ditch right now and write it another day?"

"It's too late for that, she already saw you," Taehyung spoke, feeling bad for his best friend. "I'm gonna try and help you as much as I can."

"You're the best, Tae," Jimin smiled.

Taehyung smiled back, his eyes suddenly looking around the room. He hated how they would do this on their own from time to time, searching for a certain raven haired who has to be in this class. He wasn't though.

"Neither him nor Yoongi are here yet," Jimin mumbled, having caught Taehyung looking around.

The younger hummed. "I don't care."

From the side of his view, he could see Jimin roll his eyes. "Of course you don't."

"I'm sorry, we euh.. couldn't find the room." A calm Jeongguk said as he and Yoongi entered the classroom. Taehyung tried to look away, but he couldn't, his eyes unintentionally resting on the ravenette's flawless, tall frame.

"That's a lie, Jeongguk, but never mind. We didn't start yet, sit down," their Spanish teacher said, to which Jeongguk gave a guilty smile, while Yoongi's expression stayed unbothered as always.

Until his eyes found Jimin and they literally seemed to catch a shine, his lips forming into a soft smile. The effect love has.

Taehyung wondered how it would be if Jeongguk looked like that at him.