12

CRY

"Where were you?"

It was the first thing Jeongguk's ears heard the moment he stepped one- a single foot- inside his house. Mrs Jeon gave her son a murderous look, the way she always did when Jeongguk does something that displeases her.

Like coming home late without having informed her before.

"I was with Yoongi," he lied.

Because telling her that he had detention, was locked in a classroom and then ate dinner at Taehyung's place would be his greatest mistake in history. Well second greatest.

Still, his mother would kill him.

She sighed. "You worried me. You should have informed me before."

Jeongguk wordlessly nodded and brushed his jacket off to hang it on the hook on the wall, right next to the entrance door, then strapped his backpack back on his shoulder.

"I'm going to my room," he informed.

Mrs Jeon hummed. "You should study for your Spanish exam in two days."

How does she know that he was going to have one in two days? Unless... "Were you in my room?"

His mother pursed her lips a little. "Yes. I cleaned up-

Jeongguk scoffed. "And you accidentally rummaged through my notes? What were you trying to find? A diary?"

It's not the first time she did this. Going through Jeongguk's stuff and invading his privacy.

"You're barely home lately-

"That's because I rather be outside the whole day and hang out with my friends, than bore myself to death at home with a mother who can't accept her child and a father who's always at work!"

Mrs Jeon stared at her son. "You know that's not true-

"Oh yeah? Okay, fine, then why in the whole fucking world did you take the only thing away that made me happy!?" Frustration was visible in Jeongguk's eyes and all the emotions that collected themselves inside of him when he still stood inside Taehyung's house began crumbling up again.

He wanted to scream, shout, break a wall with his bare hands.

"I did it for your own good-

"For my own good?" Jeongguk's angry, with hatred filled eyes locked with the plain ones of his mother's. She didn't seem to care at all about how hurt he is. "It wasn't for my own good, if it was, he still would be here!"

"Don't act like your whole happiness depended on that useless boy! You have good grades, you're handsome and talented, you can achieve so much and he would've been in the way of it all!" She spat and Jeongguk couldn't believe what she just said.

"Why are you making this up now? A year ago you said something completely different! Don't make up sudden reasons that aren't even true," he gritted his teeth.

Mrs Jeon rolled her eyes. "I'm being serious. Also, why are you bringing him up? I told you to get over it already, I thought you hate him-

"Just shut the fuck up!" Jeongguk finally shouted, walking past her with fast, long strides to enter his room, slam the door shut and lock it.

He hated the position he is in. He hated the position he put Taehyung in.

"Tae, sweetheart. Open the door please." Taehyung heard his mother plead in front of his room, but he didn't answer, burying his face only more into his pillow, not being sure if he wanted to scream or cry into it.

"Please let me in, Tae," she tried again, knowing so well that Taehyung was balling his eyes out inside.

And she was right.

The blond was hiding under his blanket, tears rolling down his face.

It was just too much.

This wave was too big for Taehyung. For his heart.

He thought having Jeongguk around in school everyday was already painful enough, but after having him back home, it was proven that there was an even painfuller way of having Jeongguk around.

Today, he couldn't look at Jeongguk as the noisy and annoying boy in school, who he would compare his exam results with.

Today he saw him as the best friend he used to spend hours just driving on his bicycle with.

And that- getting that feeling back and knowing that it was probably the last time; that is the most painful thing of it all.

He hated that he missed Jeongguk, hated that he wanted him to stay that evening, hated that he wished for him to stay forever, EVEN after all the pain he caused him.

"Taehyung-

"Mom... I just wanna sleep.. Please."

Taehyung heard her shuffling outside, but he knew she wouldn't push him to talk about something he didn't want to talk about. She always respected his decisions and she knew it was better to leave him alone for a while, than to push him to talk. So it didn't surprise Taehyung when she said: "I'm in my room if you need anything. Good night, angel," and then left.

And there Taehyung was, left alone with his thoughts.

About the same thing.

Jeongguk.

Jeongguk.

Jeon Jeongguk.

Taehyung hated how his breath would turn heavy while thinking about the ravenette. His inhales and exhales messing up their pace, turning erratic.

The burning urge to know what was going on had been living inside of him for a whole year, he never had the guts to ask. Yet, today, Jeongguk showed him that there was no answer, which stroke Taehyung right through the heart. If there was a reason, it would've been less painful than the chance being that Jeongguk just broke off everything because he suddenly wanted to.

But... as much as Taehyung's mind was telling him that this was the case, his senses, especially his sight, couldn't agree.

Because he saw the way Jeongguk acted when he was here.

The longing in his eyes.

The sadness in his eyes.

Taehyung didn't know what to believe.

"Arghh!" He screamed, cried, shouted into his pillow, letting out all pent up emotions, while sobbing and sobbing and sobbing.

Sometimes, that is all a human is left to do.

Cry.

Author
i wrote this during a mental breakdown cause of my maths exam haha