39

A SIGN

"Yes, I am." In love. That's his answer. He is in love and although he didn't say the L-word yet, it was there lingering in the meaning of the answer he gave.

Taehyung felt his heartbeat trip, pause, then speed up again. It's a lot to digest. A whole lot. He loves Jeongguk, too. Of course he does, though it might still be settled in between of loving him because he was a part of his whole life, or really being in love with him.

Taehyung might not be that far yet, but he had feelings for Jeongguk's, strong ones even, and that's why hearing him say that, still had such a huge affect on him.

"Does she love you back?" 'Minah' then asked and that's where it hit Taehyung. Nobody besides him and probably Yoongi and Jimin, know about Jeongguk's preference in boys.

He has been hiding the whole time and he hasn't come out yet, so if him and Jeongguk really were to become more than they are right now, which is obviously the case, it would be a bigger shocker for others than they thought of before.

Taehyung hated this sudden feeling of finding no way out.

That feeling was on its way to wrap him into its complete hold, when Jeongguk's next words released him from it. "I don't know, if he loves me back. I hope so though."

Taehyung's whole body went rigid.

The girl's eyes widened. "H-he? You're in love with a boy? You're gay?"

Taehyung still stood frozen. He was stunned, impressed even and sudden relief and a patch of happiness formed inside of him. He should've know that if Jeongguk says he doesn't want to hide anymore, he means it.

"Yup. So if you don't mind, can you.. leave?"

She nodded. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were.. gay." She didn't sound like that was a bad thing. Good. But she did sound disappointed and kind of hurt. "You know I've had a crush on you for a year."

Taehyung clasped his hand against his mouth in shock and Jeongguk looked up to the girl. "I'm sorry," the ravenette said and he meant it.

For some reason, this response made Taehyung's tummy fill with some sort of pride. He knew Jeongguk was an amazing human and that he would never try to hurt someone deliberately.

"It's okay. You'll break many girl-hearts when you decide to come out," she smiled. Taehyung felt bad for thinking of her so bad earlier, because she actually seems to be pretty nice.

But then again, she tried to hit on his... His what?

Taehyung quickly shook his head, he had already to many things running through his mind, he can't add the wonder of what label to give his and Jeongguk's relationship on top of it.

"I'm leaving then," she declares.

Taehyung quickly hid behind the corner, watching her passing him without even knowing that he had been there this whole time.

The blond took a deep breath, before deciding to walk inside the classroom. The first time Jeongguk took notice of him entering was when Taehyung closed the door.

"Taehyung.." Jeongguk's face literally lit up in a smile, instantly putting whatever he was writing away. "What are you doing here?"

A smile also formed on the blond's lips as he approached the other. "I should be in the cafeteria with Yoongi and Jimin, but I heard your voice so I waited till you were done talking. What were you writing?"

Jeongguk gulped. "Nothing. What did you hear?"

Taehyung didn't say anything, walked towards him and plopped down on Jeongguk's lap, hooking his arms around his neck. "Enough."

Heart jumping and eyes widening, Jeongguk stared at the blond in disbelief. But he calmed himself down, placing both his hands on Taehyung's hips. "Enough means...?"

"Actually everything," Taehyung smiled lightly as Jeongguk's nervousness appeared evidently in his eyes.

"Tae, I'm-

Whatever Jeongguk wanted to say ended up not being voiced out when he felt Taehyung's lips on his. It surprised him, but still, it also eased his nervousness.

Taehyung cut away again. "I know I shouldn't have eavesdropped you earlier, so I'm gonna pretend like I didn't hear anything."

Jeongguk blinked confused at him. "Why didn't you just come in though?"

Taehyung shrugged. "I don't know, but when I heard her ask for your number and wether you were taken and all of that, I wanted to know your answers. I'm sorry if I crossed a line."

A chuckle left Jeongguk. "Did you expect different reactions from me?"

Taehyung pressed his lips together and nodded. "I didn't think you'd straight up tell her that you're into boys."

"Why wouldn't I? It's true, I'm into boys, specifically one boy." He tickled Taehyung's side and the blond laughed lightly, pushing Jeongguk's hands away, but somehow ending up even closer on his lap.

"Funny, I'm into boys too. And that one boy has me somehow tied to him," Taehyung muttered, his and Jeongguk's faces being really close.

"Hmm, I wonder who that one boy is?" Jeongguk said back, voice lower than usual.

"I think he knows," the younger now almost whispered, eyes wandering down to Jeongguk's lips and back up to his eyes.

"Does he? I think he needs a sign to be fully sure.."

Taehyung felt his chest warm up. "What sign are you thinking of?"

Jeongguk smirked, as he leaned forward and connected his and Taehyung's lips for a second time. A slow kiss, full of still unspoken feelings, though they both were aware of what feelings exactly.

"Anyone could walk in on us and then it's over with pretending," Jeongguk spoke daringly against Taehyung's lips as he pulled him even closer towards his chest.

Taehyung felt the heat shoot right to his cheeks by the rumble of the older's voice. "Would you have a problem with that?"

Jeongguk shook his head. "Would you?"

Taehyung waited a little before shaking his head.

A smile pulled on Jeongguk's lips as he placed one short kiss on the younger's lips. "But still let's take it slow. Our whole year would be in chaos if they find out."

Taehyung chuckled at that, because it's true. "Fine, but since here's no one, can we stay here?"

Jeongguk felt delighted at the thought of Taehyung wanting to be with him alone. "Sure, what about Jimin and Yoongi though? They're probably waiting for us."

A pout marked Taehyung's lips as he placed his head on Jeongguk's chest, cuddling against him like a toddler. "I don't care. I'm planning on telling Jimin after school anyways."

Jeongguk hummed. "Yoongi already knows."

"What?!" Taehyung looked at the other in surprise. "You told him?"

The ravenette shook his head, brushing his hand up and down Taehyung's back. "He figured out himself. You know, he knows about the fact that I liked you for... quite some time. And he said it's obvious in my eyes that something happened between us, so... yeah."

Taehyung hummed. "I should tell Jimin as soon as possible then."