Chapter 41

My body reacted before my mind as instinct took over. I stood up from my chair and grabbed it just in time to swing and hit the stranger in the face. He flew back into the opposite wall. Harry looked up at me with surprise evident in his gaze. Liam and Zayn immediately rose to stand by me in the fight. Louis stayed seated with his eyes silently observing the situation. Niall just looked around with a confused look. I returned my attention to the intruder. Emanuel raised his head to appraise me. "So you have a bodyguard now. What? Can't fight your own battles anymore, Fallen."

Harry growled and stood. But I immediately moved him back and behind me. "I don't know who you are. And I personally don't care to. But it would be wise for you to not try that again."

Emanuel grinned before running his gaze down my body. "And who might you be?"

I narrowed my eyes. "To you, I would be the worst mistake of your life. The biggest pain in the ass. And if you continue down the path you are on, the person to drag you to death's door."

He raised his head at the challenge. "That is rather a lengthy title. Do you have a... nickname I could call you?"

I shrugged. "Makes no difference if you know my name. Just be aware of the fact I will be the one to kill you."

Emanuel grinned and raised his sword. I tensed before taking a step forward. A sudden clapping halted my movements. I turned my attention to Harry who was clapping with a full out grin splitting his lips. "Bravo. Outstanding. Just bravo!"

I almost completely turned around to give him the 'What the hell?' look when Louis started clapping too. It wasn't happy clapping. It was that slow patronizing clapping that is made piss people off. When I say people, I mean me.

Emanuel relaxed his posture and bowed lowly. The wheels in my head started spinning before it all clicked into place. Without a word, I turned towards Harry and punched him directly in the trachea. Harry held his throat in surprise before falling to the ground struggling to breath. Emanuel looked between me and Harry's fallen form with a raised eyebrow before slowly putting his hands up in a surrender position.

"Be calm."

I turn my head to address Louis. He was standing but was shaking his head at Harry. I clenched my jaw. "Why should I? This dipshit just had me make a fool out of myself because I was trying to protect him. And you expect me to just forget that ever happened. I'm sorry to disappoint you." I paused and assessed Louis for a moment. My lips raised in a snarl. "And you knew didn't you? You knew that he didn't pose a real threat." I took a step toward him.

At hearing my words, Zayn and Liam immediately dropped Harry to the floor. Zayn leaned against the wall casting dirty looks in Harry's direction. Liam chose to ignore Harry antics and stood off to the side watching Emmanuel closely.

Louis put his hand up in a similar fashion as Emanuel. "Now, now. No need to jump to conclusions. I had no idea he would come here so soon. I would think Harry would announce his arrival beforehand. However, he hadn't. So I was just as surprised as you."

I crossed my arms over my chest and cocked my hip to the side. "If you were caught off guard like you claim, then explain to me why you didn't tell me he was harmless."

"I would like it if you wouldn't call me harmless. In fact, I am anything but." Emanuel commented.

Louis sent a sharp look his way before looking back at me. "I was curious to see how the situation would play out. And I must say it was most intriguing to watch. Who knew you would be so protective of Harry?"

My cheeks flamed up but so did my temper. I narrowed my eyes. "I considered him a friend. I defended him as I would all of my friends. As I would do the same for all of you. Especially since I assumed there would be no lies between us."

I saw Harry flinch from the corner of my eye but chose to pay him no mind. Let him feel uncomfortable. I have no control over it and he deserves it. Especially after pulling a stunt like this.

Louis chuckled as all the others shuffled their feet and blushed bashfully. "Besides, Persephone. I doubt you would follow through any of your threats."

Zayn snorted. "Would you bet on it?"

Louis smirked. "In fact, yes I would. How would you feel knowing you were even threatening the first Guardian you have met? Much less challenging them."

My eyes widened as I looked back to Emanuel who lowered his hands and seemed to take a seat at the table with a glass of wine in his hand. Fuck me.

Emanuel grinned at the my look of horror. "Especially, if they are assigned to be your mentor."

My cheeks really flamed up and I hung my head. Fuck me, sideways.