Chapter 13

I raised my arm to block and he tore into it. I pitched my head back and my mouth opened in a silent scream. For a split second, I almost felt the helplessness set in. I can't die. Not here. Not like this!

I took my other hand and grabbed at the wolf's neck. My nails have always been long and sharp so they easily sunk into his skin. His jaws slackened slightly so I took the opportunity to elbow him in the eye and push him away. The lead wolf fell to the ground whimpering in pain wile shaking his head. But soon after he fell, another wolf took his place. I drop kicked one in the face before punching another one in the ribs before bringing his face to my knee. I had my back turned to the fallen leader. And that was a huge mistake.

The leader wolf jumped on me from behind. I was able to spin so I landed on my back but it was still difficult to hold him back. His saliva dripped on my face as he snapped his jaws at me. His snout became closer and closer. Soon enough he was close enough to nick my nose. My arms were starting to fail. While he was on top of me, another wolf came and gnawed at my right leg. I threw my head back and my arms gave out. Then the leader tore into my shoulder. I heard the snap of my collarbone under the pressure. I opened my mouth in a blood curling scream. Help! I need help!

Back at the pack_____________________________________

Nobody's POV

Jayson scratched his head as he wondered where Sephy was taking so long. Training was about to end soon. Damian was already tense because of the incident with Britney. But without Sephy in his protection, he felt even more on edge. Something was wrong. He just didn't know what.

After a little sparring session/competition between groups, all groups were given a fifteen minute break. Sol, Zane, Damian, Lucas, and Andre were sitting in the grass enjoying a nice cold bottle of water.

"Why is it so hot?" Zane complained. He drank a little more than half of his water before dumping the rest over his head. Everyone chuckled at his childishness. Andre on the other hand licked her lips and winked at Zane. Zane's eyes darkened in lust at her actions. He reached back for another water bottle. When he was about to open it, Jayson appeared out of nowhere and yanked the water bottle out of Zane's hand.

"Stop wasting water just to try to impress my daughter."

Zane's eyes widened when he was caught in the act. He scrambled for an excuse."Yes, sir. I was just-"

Jayson narrowed his eyes. "I don't care. Just stop wasting water."

"B-but I drank at least 75% of it!"

The Beta smiled mockingly. "Good. Then you will be fine without any more water huh?"

When Zane opened his mouth to protest, Jayson knocked him upside the head with the water bottle. To make sure Zane knew Jayson meant it, he opened the water bottle and chugged it in 25 seconds flat. He tossed the empty water bottle at Zane before walking away. Zane looked at the water bottle in his hands and crushed it in frustration. Sol teased him while Zane just flipped him off. Lucas rolled his eyes at his cousin's antics,but looked at his brother, Damian, and saw him looking rather edgy."What's up man? What's on your mind?"Lucas asked.

Damian looked over at his brother before looking away."I'm just wondering where Sephy is. I'm worried. She's been gone for almost an hour." Damian confessed.

The rest of the group tuned in to conversation as they noticed how silent Damian was. Damian looked back at them with such a haunting look, chills ran down their spines. Lucas patted his brother's back reassuringly. "Sephy's fine. You saw her. She is wicked strong and is capable enough to defend herself. Knowing her, she is probably in the house sleeping. And it isn't like rogues could get into this territory. Not with our border patrol."