Chapter 54

I turned around and met everyone's gaze. My boys gave me encouraging looks. Daxton sent a curious glance my way. "What's that? Who's it from?"

"Maleficent." Abraham informed him. "It's from Maleficent."

I deftly tore open the letter. Anticipation filled my body as I silently read over the words. Anger rushed through me and before I could control it, a purple flame incinerated the note. I gasped and nearly collapsed to the ground holding my stomach. I covered my mouth in an attempt to reign in my emotions.

"Persephone!" Warm arms encased me to brace my body. I looked up to be greeted my Andreas' warm eyes. "Are you alright, my child?"

I paid him no mind as I stared into space completely in shock. Andreas sighed. "She's in shock. Poor thing. I wonder what was in that note."

"Well we don't have time for her to be in shock. She needs to snap out of it." Andromeda said.

My head swiveled to the side and my cheek burned from the brunt of a slap. I held my face, looking up to meet Andromeda's intense gaze. She had a grim look set on her face. She held my chin and locked eyes with me searching them. "Okay. She's back."

"What the bloody hell did you do that for?" Liam exclaimed as he sent daggers into the female Praesul.

Harry sent Andromeda a warning look before hurrying to my side.He looked passed me to Andreas who helped me up. Together, the men steadied me. "What is it? What did it say?"

Angry tears blurred my vision as I remembered the text. "She has them." I visibly shook in barely contained anger. My fists clenched and unclenched as I tried to keep myself from burning down the place. Indigo flames danced across my knuckles threatening to combust.

"Whoa. Is that a hellish flame in her hands?" Daxton exclaimed as he looked upon me cautiously.

Michael chuckled. "I told you she was an unknown treasure."

Harry lifted his gaze to his father's. "Shut it." He looked back at me. "Sephy. You need to calm down."

"She has them." I whispered. The flames only burned brighter. I felt Andreas take a step back. The temperature around us increased and sweat beaded across everyone's brows.

"Whoa. Who cut off the A/C?" Niall asked fanning himself.

"Better yet, who doesn't have on deodorant?" Louis inquired holding his nose sending accusatory glances towards Daxton.

Daxton looked at him with a confused look on his face."What?"

Liam hit Louis on the back of the head. "Shut it. Now is definitely not the time."

Michael rolled his eyes but kept his attention solely on me. "Harry. It's getting a tad warmer, don't you think?"

"Harry. Knock her out."Kaden ordered. "She's losing control."

Harry ignored everyone's warning and just looked at me. He cupped my hands and slowly a black flame brushed against my indigo and a crackle was heard. "She has who, Sephy? Who does she have?"

The obsidian flame blended into my own and suddenly all the fire extinguished. My lips quivered as I finally found my voice."Maleficent has my family. She kidnapped my pack."

Zayn growled at the thought. Liam's eyes widened. "Holy shit."

Niall 's face immediately sobered into a more serious one. "Oh my Goddess..."

Harry straightened his back and cleared his throat. "We need to go to the Councilmen."

Kaden shook his head."But how are we going to get there? The tunnel we took earlier is a one way trip."