Chapter 61

"You want me to do what now?" I asked incredulously. My eyes flashed to all men's faces. "There has to be another way."

"There isn't another way. We all looked through every scriptural resource at our disposal."

"And you think me praying to God is the only way."

"It's just prayer, Sephy. All you have to do is get on your knees and talk with Him."

"Look, I remember countless times I have been on my knees begging to God for him to let me out of that hellhole. I pleaded, bargained and cried out until my knees were bruised with how many times I fell onto them. And out of how many times I did, never did I ever hear or see one sign that my prayers were heard! I've been alone since my mother's death. Prayer didn't save me in the end. I did. So excuse me if I don't believe in it."

Gabriel's warm brown eyes softened in pity as he looked into my broken gaze. "Persephone. I know you have been through a lot. But our Lord wouldn't put you through anything you couldn't handle. He was always with you. Your fate was a cruel one but it was necessary in order for you to get this far."

I scoffed. "And where am I know? I'm getting ready for a war with a my bat-shit crazy aunt who wishes to torture the ones I love."

"And how would you have survived all of that without your will. You have been destined for the salvation of this world. God knew that this time would come and sent you there to save the soul of Earth. But you had to go through your trials to become strong enough to defeat Maleficent. Persephone, you are blessed with powers that only Jesus and Him have been known to have. Now it is up to you to choose what you will do with them."

I bit my lips nervously glaring at him before running a hand through my hair looking away. "I-I just can't."

There was a hesitant knock at the door.

"Come in." Gabriel's deep voice called out.

The door creaked open and a head of blonde hair peaked in and Niall's wide blue eyes greeted us. "Ello. I hope I am not interrupting anything."

I shook my head. "Nothing important, anyway."

Gabriel sent me a look of disapproval before looking toward Niall. "What brings you here, child."

Niall smiled nervously. "Oh yeah. They have discovered the location of Maleficent. And you wouldn't believe where she is."

_______________________________

"At my old pack house! Are you fucking kidding me?" I raged out growling deep within my chest.

"Sephy, you need to calm down." Liam warned.

"Calm down? You want me to calm down? Tell me how the hell I am supposed to calm down. She has been there right under our noses this entire time!" My hand slammed down on the granite counter leaving a long crack shooting through the surface and a large dent underneath my palm. I jumped back holding my hand to my chest biting my lip.

Michael sighed gesturing to the table. "This is why you need to calm down." Raphael wordlessly reached over and smacked the demon in the temple hard. Harry's father winced holding his head before looking over at the Hispanic with bared teeth. "What the hell-"

Gabriel's smooth voice swiftly interrupted his statement. "Persephone. Because you are being so incredibly stubborn with your powers, only your emotions can control them. That rage and fear can get us all killed. You have to calm down."

I looked up at him with wide eyes before breathing in and out deeply. When my heart-rate was back to normal I nodded to them. "I'm alright now. Sorry about that. "

Gabriel smiled encouragingly. "It is fine." He directed his attention to Jophiel. "Please continue."

Jophiel nodded. "We have surveillance on the pack house but no further activity has been spotted."

Zayn furrowed his brow in confusion. "If there's been no activity, then how did you know that Maleficent is there."

Jophiel held up a familiar note and a feeling of dread washed through me. "Another love note, huh?

The angels looked toward me. "You have received such notes before the one Michael gave you?"

I nodded. "She has been taunting me since the beginning. She gave us a note which led us to Zayn's mother." Zayn tensed and I placed a comforting hand on top of his before continuing. "Then another which let me know she has my family. She likes to play hide and seek. I'm not surprised she left another one. Where did you find it?"

"In the mouth of a decease pack member." Michael chirped in only to be slapped again. "Stop that, damn it!"

I bit my lip. "Who?"

There was silence around the table and I took in a calming breath. "I asked who, damn it? Now answer me...please."

Harry grabbed my hands rubbing his thumb into my palm soothingly. His emerald orbs bore into me and softened with sympathy. "It was Jaxon."

The world around me spun as reality crashed into me. It was Jaxon. Jaxon. My baby brother, Jaxon. Jaxon was dead. I pulled my hands away from Harry and stepped back. "What did you just say?"

Harry's expression was grim and his green eyes were remorseful. "He's dead, love. I'm so sorry."

My jaw tensed and I backed myself into the wall away from everyone. My eyes slid shut as I scrambled to digest and hold myself together. I couldn't protect him. I broke my promise to Mom. That bitch killed him. With that thought alone, my beast rumbled inside of me. The chains holding her were loosening and she was close to the surface.

"Persephone."

My eyes slid open and I gazed burning holes into everyone. The men gasped and Louis's eyes widened. "Sephy. Your eyes..."

I calmly straightened my posture and moved forward to meet everyone's eyes directly before settling my attention on Gabriel. "How fast can we get down there?"

"With all of our troops at the ready? In 48 hours."

I nodded coolly. "I suggest they should start getting ready. We leave at dawn."