21st Century Girl

Jimin remains close, to the point it's almost intimidating. His eyes are focused, his expression a challenge. Hobi, Jin and Taehyung are dancing closer to the front of the dance floor, leaving the back half open for the remaining members to see some of the action from their raised seats. I can't tell what Jimin's getting at, with the excessive flirting it's unclear if he's genuinely flirting or if there's something behind it. As a drink appears at my side, with a huge smile from another pretty waitress, I sip it quickly to pull my face a few inches from Jimin's. He's watching me, intently. After sipping the drink and dipping out to place it back at the bar, I muster up the courage to return. 

"I plan on it." I whisper as I arrive back at Jimin's side, hoping that this friendly challenge is all it seems. As the beat picks up, I get more into the music and begin to swing my hips drawing circles with my waist as he keeps a tight grip around me. His eyes remain on me, while I try to stay attentive to Hobi and Taehyung who remain with us. Taehyung seems to be watching Jimin curiously, while Jin's returned to the booth where he's sat beside Namjoon. He hasn't moved, but has kept his eyes on the dance floor casually. After a short while, Jimin excuses himself and Hobi and Taehyung dance closer to keep me company. 

~ 3rd~

He notices you've been dancing endlessly with Jimin, who's sticking close to you. Jin's returned to the booth, while finally, Jimin retreats. Whatever he's playing at, you're either not interested or not easily intimidated by him. It's hard for him to keep his eyes from staying glued to you as you dance with his friends. He's found you both intriguing and attractive since the first time he saw you but has hardly done anything noteworthy, at least for tonight. 

Sitting close by, another member curses himself for not joining you. What is he doing with himself sitting there drinking? And how have you gotten under his skin this easily? He's not sure if it's the empty glasses filling the table or the countless times he's looked up to see you smiling at Hobi's dancing or laughing at something Tae's said, but it's getting close to the time he either has to get up and see for himself what's going on or he's going to get dragged out their by Hobi who's been eyeing the table for a little while. 

~ 1st POV ~

"Hey, Y/N, fancy helping me to get that lot up and over here? It's about time they joined you! I mean, they all talked this up but they aren't even out here!" 

I smirk at Hobi's comment, because I'd been hoping for this. While Yoongi's always held my interest, following the big talk from Jungkook yesterday and Namjoon tonight, it feels as though tonight won't be complete without them. 

"Absolutely we should. Taehyung, come with us please?"  Similarly to how I'd reacted, he seems taken aback as I speak to him, acting as though we actually knew each other. But before I can apologize, a boxy smile appears. 

The three of us rush across the dance floor, arriving at the table like a group of school children arriving at the local playground. Yoongi's sporting a smirk, while Jungkook is staring into his glass. Namjoon however had been watching our approach with interest and and seems to be awaiting whatever is to come. 

"So since tonight is the only night I'll get to say any of this, I'm not going to hold back with anyone, and I hope that's cool?" 

I look to see each member minus Jimin nodding in agreement, 

"Okay well, can we all go dance together? Jungkook, you and Taehyung talked up everything about never getting caught at these things and Namjoon, well you already know what you said. Even you Yoongi, it'll be fun! After tonight, you won't have to see me again!" 

"Aish. Can't argue with her can we? We promised a good night, so get up!" Yoongi says with a nod to one of the boys behind you. 

He nudges both Jungkook and Namjoon out of their seats and into the dance floor where Namjoon finally shifts closer to me as I dance after Taehyung and Hobi. After all the rumors, I can't help but humor myself as I reach down and take Namjoon's hand to his surprise. As I smile up at him, he smiles back and spins me around putting my back against his chest. We dance close for an entire song, while I happily get to watch the others as they dance and sing along with each other. Jimin returns, seemingly in a different mood as he jumps between Jungkook and Taehyung he dances perfectly to the beat with a joyful smile. 

"This is more dangerous than holding my hand, you know that right?" His hand reaches down, brushing the hair from my neck to whisper into my ear. I can feel his lips again, this time they're resting above my neck. I know we've both been drinking, and that the night might be carrying us away now but I can't help but melt at his words, at his touch. 

"God, it feels that way." The words escape me before I can think. They're just shy of a moan, but in the crowd I hope it doesn't sound like it. I can feel as he lets out a small laugh, but it's hard to ignore as his grip tightens around my waist. 

"Am I making you nervous?" He laughs, leaning in closer.  This time I'm sure of it, his lips press lightly onto my neck, just below my ear. A shiver shoots down through my body, leaving my fingertips electrified as I stop swaying with the music. 

'He is making me nervous, among other things. But I can't be nervous, not tonight.' 

"Maybe a little, but if you want I can return the favor." I tip my head back, looking up at him from his chest he smirks, not worried in the least. The interaction surprises me, because looking up at Namjoon, it feels like he's the only person in the room. The others dance around, blissfully unaware that my hearts just stopped right here on the dance floor. While I might not have sounded very confident, I could muster up a little more courage, if only to see Namjoon sweat a little. 

I begin slowly grinding back into him, expecting his grip to wain slightly. But it doesn't. My arms leave my sides as I turn to face him. Despite my head spinning I grin up as he smirks at me, as though he's won a war I wasn't even aware I was in. I lace my arms up over his shoulders and around his neck, dancing closer again so we're chest to chest. Rather than intimidating him, he sucks his bottom lip into his mouth and moves his other hand to the small of my back. 

"There's something about you, you know? You run from me at the gallery, then get nervous at the first meet. Everything gets crazy after that and when things finally calm down, you pop back up."  

'It's hot, this room's really hot right?' I think to myself, amidst the craziness, he's right. 

It takes everything in me not to look away, "I wasn't trying to get your attention, Namjoon." 

He mulls over this for a second, looking up to the ceiling as the lights flicker from one color to the next. We keep dancing, at this point it must be the drinks that keep appearing in my hand getting the better of me,  but there's nothing that could make me move from right where I'm standing. 

"Well, I hate to tell you this but you've definitely got my attention, Y/N".