Euphoria

~ Three months later~

It's taken a long time, but I've recently unblocked the members numbers one by one, aside from Jungkook. They'd been calling and texting non-stop for months, so as each was unblocked the notifications sent my phone into a whirlwind. I felt selfish to have hidden away for so long, but everything had been a mess since returning. My work had to place me on administrative duties as well as working from home due to the harassment I received. Once fans had my name, everything else including my workplace and address had been easy to find. Family and friends had received threats but nothing compared to the near mobs that formed outside my building for the first few days after arriving. It was painful to see the fans, I couldn't imagine what it would have been like if they knew the whole story. 

The guys had managed to pull it together, to finish their mini tour before this evening where they planned to do a V Live to announce a short hiatus to allow them to rest. As previously their hiatus had turned into producing an entire new album, they'd barely rested in the past two years. Yoongi was proud of their achievements following a landslide win at a fancy awards ceremony, that I may or may not have watched curled up with a tub of ice cream. Tae shared that he'd been spending time with someone, he seemed really happy but was scared after what he'd see me experience. I had tried to keep things low-key, not telling any of the members the full lengths the fans had gone to but interviewers hadn't been able to stop themselves from mentioning me, by name, or telling them the whole truth.

Yoongi explained that the incident in question was supporting me through missing my family, and that the photos held no credibility. The whole group had defended me live many times, which warmed my heart. Jungkook however, remained silent through the interviews claiming he was shy. His English since meeting him had improved so much so that he couldn't use it as an excuse, but he'd been trying to pull back. Jin however shared big news, plans of marrying his long-term girlfriend were growing bigger in his mind and I sincerely hoped he'd do something about it soon. I'd never gotten to meet her, but I knew she was incredible from how she made him feel. 

As I watch the loading screen, there's over a million fans trying to get into the V Live for tonight and I'm excited to see the boys. While they may not know I was there, I'd be able to feel apart of their world again if only for the short time they would sit and chat with fans. The comments section however was triggering to say the least, with fans suggesting I was here. 

'I mean....' I laughed, catching Naruto's attention as he scampered across my apartment and climbed into bed with me. My account was undetectable, to both fans and the boys, which felt allowed me some peace of mind.

The chaotic side of my brain called out, daring me to announce myself until I heard their voices and the screen lit up with the seven of them sitting around what looked like a legitimate meeting table. Their faces were serious, I feared something was seriously wrong as the comments section focused, wondering what was wrong themselves. 

'Why are you all sad?

'Kookie smile for me please!

'TaeTae tell us you love us!'

'What's the big news?' 

The comments were so fast I couldn't even keep up with them, much less the members who seemed nervous, skittish even. Their eyes flitted between each other as Jimin sips at a drink. They slowly start trying to welcome fans, it's a bitter sweet feeling as I can tell that they're not being very genuine to themselves right now. Tae is relaxed back, in a black turtle neck he looks cold and distant while J-Hope smiling brightly despite looking terrified. They stopped, and Jin silenced the fans with a single finger pressed to his lips. They were sat with Jungkook, Suga and RM to the center, with the others sitting around the edges, I was wary. Despite things being long resolved, this brought back familiar memories. 

"As many of you may have figured out, we as BTS will be taking a hiatus following a very busy two years. We don't plan to stop, we're still going to produce and perform but the members and management have decided that we're going to be focusing on developing and supporting our personal and professional growth over this time." RM begins, his tone picking up as the fans begin responding in droves. 

"But following recent events, we as a group have come to the conclusion that we need to address armies directly." Suga's serious, his expression unusually stony, "The incidents with our mutual friend among celebrities and other idols over the past year has been exhausting, causing strain to the members, our friendships and.... our relationships. I would like to formally address the rumors surrounding Miss L/N tonight with you all."

The other members aren't moving, they're all looking at the camera with polite smiles but it's clear that they're seriously doing this, right now. Not a single one of them had thought to mention this to me? 

'Fuck my life.' 

He continues as he swallows hard, "My relationship with Y/N was not as it was presented by fans and the media. She was my friend, who needed me. That was more than I would have ever wished to share with anyone but following this, we have been forced to address everything publicly. Our friend has now been forced into hiding, because of my actions." 

Jin then begins, as he sits beside Namjoon he's the most nervous as I spy his arm shifting, he's reaching out to take Joon's hand as he begins to address the camera. 

"While our friend has been harassed, other members have been concerned for their own safety, and for the safety of our partners." 

The comments section sends the website down, it crashes at the worst possible second but I'm already on the phone desperately trying to call and text the members. A Weverse post confirms that they'll be back in a few minutes after the site can adjust to the masses. No-one is answering me and I'm caught between a feeling of pride and frustration as they publicly bring me back into the spotlight. 

The screen lights roar back to life as I'm entered back into the chat room. The members are still sitting as they had been but Jin looks as though he's been crying and Taehyung is sat so far back he's almost out of the frame. Of course, the fans tell him this and he sits up straighter. 

"As Jin was saying, following discussions with our management following these issues we have been able to amend out contracts. We aim to utilize this freedom to mend broken bridges and to heal the hurt we've caused to our loved ones." 

It's Jungkook this time who speaks, his voice commanding and sure, 

"We purple you army, we always will. But today we're here to ask something of you all that has never truly been seen within this industry. We're here to ask you to be understanding as we try to navigate a new pathway, one where we are no longer to hide our relationships, past, present or future. We ask armies to please support the members who choose to share their relationships as well as those who would prefer to keep their relationships close to themselves. Each member will be able to make the choice, with their current or future partners; with this we want to remind you that this changes nothing between us and army. You will always be out first love, but we hope you can support us as we find our own great loves. We want to bring you all on this journey and that you can grow to love them as you love us." 

At this point, I'm crying like I'm back in the apartment with them ready to leave.