Stay

Tae grabs himself a bottle of water from the fridge and swigs it, not turning to look at any of us I stare at him with my mouth open. Tae and I had grown to be unlikely friends; we didn't have anything in common to be perfectly honest, but that's what had made our friendship so special. Or at least I'd thought so, but this showed that I wasn't the only one scared to lose them. 

"Did you really? Ask them about bringing her?" Namjoon looks as surprised as I do. I can hear the other members joining us now, Jin is the first to enter as he plops down into the double seater I laugh as Jungkook runs and jumps over the arm and lands with a thud beside him. Hobi wanders in last, with sleepy eyes and hair everywhere I can't help but feel a pang of jealously. He's cute even though he's absolutely wrecked. 

"Well yeah, I love her too yah know? Maybe not as much as Joonie but certainly more than Jimin-ssi and Kookie." 

Namjoon's ears turn bright red as Jimin and Jungkook stand, arguing as they flail their arms around. I can't help but feel Yoongi's arms as he rests them behind me again, leaning in his heads almost on my shoulders as he lets out a contented sigh. Tears well up in my eyes as the members are overjoyed, it warms my heart. I feel like I'm home, and that all the feelings I had been questioning for months had been validated in ways I could have never hoped for. 

"They said that we can figure something out, like Jimin suggested she could be a junior assistance or something but Y/N? You'd have to stay behind the scenes. It's been almost a year but there's always a chance they'd recognize you." 

And there was reality. I was still a target for armies and working along side the men I'd been rumored to be involved with wouldn't make things easy. 

"But, for tonight that doesn't matter! We'll have the company and Y/N hash the details out if that's what she wants later. For tonight, we party!" 

As a way of celebrating the end of their 'break' as they called it, they had planned a party similar to the end of tour party I'd attended almost 9 months earlier. They'd worked incredibly hard for people who were supposedly on a break, but I was happy to hear we would have another chance to party together before trying to decide on which path take next. Last time, things had gotten complicated quickly, but this time I was excited to focus on what truly mattered. I couldn't have Namjoon, in the ways either of us wanted, but I had them all which was more than enough. 

"Yeah about that, I'm only going if Jimin will give me the first dance." I look over, batting my eyelashes at him. He bites his lip in response, as raises his eyebrows suggestively. He leans in enough to annoy Namjoon but not enough to make him shove him from over the top of me. While we all knew things between me and Jimin were strictly platonic, there were still moments that confused or left the others agitated. 

I can spy Jungkook from the corner of my eyes, he's rolled his eyes as he snuggles into Jin. I can sense Yoongi grinning manically behind me, I feel like he's holding in a laugh. 

"Only if you show me what got Namjoonie here so flustered. I gotta know what that was all about." Yoongi tenses, this time I'm sure Namjoon will lose it. We had all tried to tip-toe around the subject when possible, but Jimin had a habit of jumping head first into the topic. I had attributed this to him getting caught up in our playful moments, but wondered if it was something more. 

"I don't think I can re-create that, I got caught up in the moment there but we'll see. I still need a dress and everything since you lot never let me go home!" Changing the subject diffuses the situation, but I realize my hand is still tightly clasped between both of Namjoon's. Hopefully that helped, I pull myself away from everyone. I lock eyes with Hobi, who had woken up enough to know exactly what I'm thinking, I turn to Tae to see him waiting hopefully as well. 

"Don't worry Jimin-ssi, we'll have her ready in time. Just don't blame us when she looks too good and someone else sweeps her away instead!" Tae jokes, his fluffy hair bouncing he bounds over and takes my hand. Hobi runs after us as we disappear down the hallway. I sneak a glance back, Jin and Jungkook are watching us. 

"Yeah, Jimin-ssi. I might have to steal her first."  I can't see Jimin or Namjoon, but Jungkook's face is twisted into a huge smirk. He prods his tongue into his cheek as I disappear into the wardrobe as I spy a rack of dresses. 

"Surprise!" They both call out. 

"You two are too much! What would I do without you?"  They both shrug before pulling dress after dress, nodding disapprovingly as they hang them against my frame. I'd never been a small girl, not petite, not really tall, but I was unfortunately built with wide shoulders, small hips and an average waist. I knew I wasn't the ideal body type for most of these dresses but something managed to catch my eyes. 

"That one. Can I see it?" 

It was cute, red and short with cut outs over the ribs. Nothing too fancy or too showy but the red was truly something. I wasn't sure it would look okay until I looked up to see Tae holding it with a huge grin. 

"I picked that one so yeah. Definitely try that one!" Despite Hobi's sad look as he held a cute bubble-gum pink dress, he nodded and hung it back up. 

"How can I compete with that, you win this time Tae but when she's our assistant I get to dress her up too!"