Stay Gold

"Oh. Um, Jungkookie's not in there is he?"  Jimin seems unsure, but I'm mortified that he would suggest that I would let Jungkook hide in here to escape his own fate. Regardless of him standing a few feet away from me looking like he's about to be hit by a truck, how dare he think he'd be in here? 

"Jimin-ssi! I'm taking a shower! Go away!" I can hear him stomp away, I'm in the clear. Jungkook however is in big trouble as soon as I can figure out how to get out of here without him seeing more than what he's already glimpsed. After that, it's only a matter of getting us both out of here before this blows up in our faces. 

"Jungkook..." I say, keeping my eyes on him. I keep the water running so we can talk without the others hearing us from outside. I will not be accused of letting him in here. 

"Hey Y/N, it's good to see all of you. I mean... it's good that your here. Not in the shower but here at home." He's stumbling over his words, still trying to hide his face behind his hand as he leans against the sinks where my clothes are hung up. I can see him rubbing the fabric of my hoodie when I realize the hoodie in question may or not have actually been his to begin with. I spy the towel, it's fallen to the floor near Jungkook's feet. 

"Wow Kookie. Smooth. Can I uh, have the towel please?"  I slowly turn the taps of, keeping my eyes on Jungkook as he uses his foot to pick up the towel. He starts to turn when I shriek. 

"Shhh! They'll hear you!" He whispers, holding the towel out with now only half of his hand covering his face. I can see his eyes, his nose and a small smirk on his face. While he's clearly still embarrassed it seems to be a fleeting thought. 

"Stop peaking or I'll call Jimin-ssi! I'll tell him you snuck in and scared me half to death!"  I can't help but laugh as his smirk grows, he shifts his hand to cover more but the heavy metal rings on his fingers form gaps where he can definitely see me. 

"Kookie, please!" I'm trying to hold in my laughter, my hands positioned to give me a semblance of modesty but Jungkook doesn't seem too bothered. 

"You've seen me shirtless, this just makes us a little more than even." I snatch the towel from him and wrap it around myself quickly. Now his hands gone and he's leaning on the sink to face me. Any shame he had is gone. If it weren't for tonight's events I would have called the others, but this is not something that fits within the new normal. I push past him, grabbing the pants and hoodie from the sink I notice somethings missing. 

'Shit. I am not wearing Yoongi's pants with no underwear. That's not happening.'  I look around, leaning in to peak behind Jungkook's back. 

"Um... are you looking for these?" Of course, in Jungkook's hand to match his stupid smug face is a black lacy thong. As I snatched my clothes they must have fallen onto the floor and he caught them.

"You pervert." He holds his hands up in surrender, lifting his shirt to reveal his underwear and the lower half of his stomach. Abs. I'm staring. I can feel myself staring. And I'm still not taking my underwear back from him either which is even worse. 

"Now who's the pervert? At this rate we're as bad as each other. And we're going to get caught." He's right, if we stay here with him holding a thong with me in my towel we're going to get busted. I want to ask what he did to need to run and hide in the shower with Yoongi but that might have to be a chat for later. I pluck them from him and slip them up under my towel. The rest unfortunately isn't simple. 

"Are you going to turn around or what?" For a second I'm glad it's Jungkook in here and not Jimin, I feel like my words wouldn't be taken as seriously. I'm expecting him to immediately turn but apparently, in a few days lots of things can change. He's been around Jimin for too long. 

"I'm good, are you?" While I've never been super body positive, being shy has never been in my repertoire either. 

I consider my options, but right now getting caught like this can't be worse than the few seconds it would take for me to change. And he's still acting too smug. He's crossed his arms now and is leaning back even farther back like he's taking a well deserved break. As I study his face, I can tell he's serious, but I can see beads of condensation resting on his forehead. His fluffy black hair is starting to look damp from the steam and his cheeks are raised along with his eyebrows. 

"You're no Jimin, Kookie." I drop my towel and lean in to take the hoodie first, sliding it down on my still wet upper body. It falls to my upper thighs so I'm covered enough to let the breathe out I'd been subconsciously holding in. 

"You really are something." He mumbles, smirk un-waivered. His eyes roam up and down, before resting on my face. He's definitely taken aback and I'm still standing so I'm clearly the winner in this situation. I can't help but smirk back though, this whole situation should be awkward but it's too funny. The timing, whatever Jungkook did to get into this mess in the first place, the look on his face. I look up to see my own face in the reflection of the tall mirror, 

'My face. Why am I so red?'  

"Shows over. How do we get out of here without everyone thinking there's something seriously wrong with both of us?" As he laughs I can hear a warm rumble from his chest, no, I'm close enough that I can feel it. He leans in closer, every part of me wants to run. 

'Maybe not every part, but the most of my parts agree to run.'

"Not a bad show. I'm making a break for it." 

He turns the knob, checks and leaves without another word.