Friends

"Oh, um , sorry!" I call out, covering my eyes. 

'Oh. My. God.' 

It wasn't as though I wasn't aware of how incredibly fit Jungkook was, I'd seen the shirt lifting compilations fans posted from time to time, but seeing him up close like that was a shock to the system. A system that really wasn't working all that well anyway. He strolled in and continued walking, headed for the kitchen where he collapsed back to back with Taehyung who seemed to tired to respond. 

"Kook, you're scaring her!" Laughed Jin, pointing to where I remained frozen on the couch. 

"I didn't want to seem rude! I didn't expect after last night that we'd be on a topless morning basis!" The words are, less than I had hoped for. I wish I could grab them and shove them back into my big fat mouth but it's obviously too late as Hobi and Taehyung begin laughing. Everyone else quickly joins them as Hobi runs over to sit with me. 

"Um, let's let Jungkook be the only shirtless one for now, eh?" He says, nudging me gently with his elbow. 

From across the room Jimin seems to have suddenly woken up, grinning, "I can take mine off too if it makes it less weird?" He offers. He's fun, while it may be a little threatening he seems light hearted as he thumbs the hem of his t-shirt. 

'I mean... that's not a bad offer honestly.' 

Jimin's humor feels like a mirror of my own, he seems to like challenging people with a darker brand of humor that to some may be too much. He's got that same glint in his eyes like he's seriously considering it, I wonder if he's doing it to intimidate me. 

"Oh, you are honestly too sweet. That would be great but I need coffee before I get involved in any of that. Whatever that is." 

Hobi, who had been innocently sipping something sweet smelling from a tall black mug quickly flings a hand over his mouth with wide eyes. Namjoon has turned to watch as I get up, I touch the hem of the hoodie I'd slept in. It's pretty long but its incredibly cozy. 

"Well, damn. What now Jimin?"  Yoongi seems amused, turning his head to look back at his friend. 

'How's that for you, Jimin? Your move.' 

Jimin's grin has grown, he looks more like last night than ever now with his Cheshire grin and crescent eyes. He's really cute, but his personality is out of this world. I'd met very few people that liked the brand of humor he'd been throwing at me. Fortunately, no stripping occurred for the rest of the morning. 

I helped in the kitchen to prepare coffee and food as we got back to chatting. I couldn't help but stay close by Namjoon who's eyes followed me throughout the room. He was sweet and attentive, but wickedly smart. He easily contributed to discussions about anything and everything and helped to translate when the sleepy members Korean was too fast for me to understand. After warming up, eating and filling with coffee I reluctantly handed over my number to the members. They assured that I wouldn't immediately have their real numbers, to be safe, but that they didn't plan on going back on what we had already discussed last night. 

Namjoon was genuinely interested in at the very least getting to know me, along with most of the members. No-one seemed opposed to hanging out but some seemed surprised when I explained my schedule, with my temporary job working as an English teacher beginning the following week they nodded in agreement. 

"Busy schedules is something we all know." Jungkook said with his back turned to me, he kept washing dishes after turning to smile. 

He and Jimin both over the morning seemed to be warming up to me, little by little. By the time a car had been called I'd about forgotten about the entire conversation I'd overheard this morning. I was moved when Jin, Hobi, Namjoon and Taehyung had all given me a hug before leaving, while Yoongi, Jungkook and Jimin had all but disappeared to their rooms. 

"They're all working on projects non-stop lately so it's probably best to leave them be. You'll be seeing us around soon, I hope?" Namjoon said with a smile, standing close as I zipped my heels up and readied myself to head home. I needed a shower and to change into something that didn't feel so tight. 

It occurred to me that the owner of the hoodie I'd slept in may want it back, "Hey, who gave me this last night? They probably want it back." 

Namjoon's expression barely changed, but the slight change was hard to ignore. "Just bring it back when you come by. You don't start at work until next week, maybe you can come back around for dinner some time? Jungkookie won't mind. He has tones just like that." 

'Jungkookie?' 

"Oh, I didn't really think it was his." I laughed, "Maybe that's why he didn't have anything this morning. If you're sure, I'll head off. Text me if you guys want me to pop back around." 

Before the car had arrived at my new building, my phone had already gone off with a time and date, with assurance a car would collect me. This time, it didn't specify if it would be bringing me home which both made me laugh and grew a web of nerves inside my belly. Over the coming weeks I'd get texts from every member, with times, days and places; cars would come to collect me and half the time would bring me home. It became less weird being there, around them all minus a few further incidents such as the Jungkook incident from the first morning. While Namjoon and I grew closer I was lucky enough to form something with almost each member. 

Jin and Hobi were similar with how they engaged me, they had homely vibes as we cooked meals together and talked over coffee in the mornings while Namjoon read books on the couch. Tae was the most surprising, despite our initial interactions he was hilarious and mischievous and wonderful. He would tease me endlessly if Namjoon brushed my hand or snuck a kiss while cooking before calling me out to listen to classical music fans had suggested to him. 

I'd gotten to see the inner workings of the group while they worked, mostly spending late nights and early morning with them before heading to work. Watching them film boxing videos in the gym downstairs and singing clips in the small studio were particularly special treats, knowing fans would see these made my heart swell. 

Jimin was a little different however, he continued to challenge me and continued to show flirtatious tendencies which raised eyebrows at times. He seemed to enjoy seeing which of us could push the other the furthest, with our competitive natures this creat endless entertainment for our friends. 

 'Our friends'. 

Despite my initial crush, Yoongi had also grown to be a close friend. He was wise, with a wicked side and a love for music that I was sure was unchallenged. As awards season approached and the members completed tracks, they grew excited with anticipation to see their projects be recognized by the world. Awards season, however, would not be as special as we would all have hoped.