Epilogue - Epiphany

It's been a fast paced three months, with moving to Seoul officially creating a huge stress for both me and Jungkook, we had managed to avoid the inevitable. Today was the day we were officially announcing our relationship. We'd been photographed plenty as I moved my belongings into the old suite and fans had wondered who I was there for, as each member had helped to move my things in. 

While it wasn't Jungkook's place, this meant that we could move things at a better pace while still keeping me close. It also meant I had somewhere to call my own while the boys travelled. Myself and Jin's partner had grown close, but the friendship I'd formed with Taehyung's new girlfriend was something I was truly grateful for. She was as incredibly surprising as he was and I was happy to have someone who understood the challenges we would face as the girlfriend of an idol. While Jin's girlfriend had recently become his fiancé, the spotlight was less heavy on us. But today wasn't like that, for me at least. 

Jungkook-ah sat across the bench from me as he positioned the camera, his team standing behind me as they prepped my hair and make-up as best they could. 

"You'll be fine!" Jungkook told me, resting a hand on my shoulder he smiles warmly, rubbing my shoulder back and forth it doesn't feel that was as the pit in my stomach grows. 

"They already hate me Jungkook, it won't get better when we tell them what we've been doing." 

He smirks, raising his eyebrows suggestively. "Well, let's not tell them the specifics obviously."

"You're gross Jungkookie!" Namjoon squeaks, covering his ears from the couch. 

I nod along with Joon, smiling awkwardly as he raises an eyebrow at me too. "Don't act like you're any less gross Y/N-ah! Ugh, we've all heard it." 

I laugh, too loudly. "Don't tease my Y/N-ssi. She's perfect!" Jimin defends, rushing to cradle me in his arms. "Even if she gets uh, carried away when she thinks we're out." 

"It's amazing, isn't it?" Jungkook teases, pausing as he realizes it's finally time. 

"We're going live in three!" His manager announces, looking concerned as he turns to me. 

The V Live goes as expected. Jungkook explains a simplified version of our story, sharing the sweet moments like the first time he saw me. How he knew the second we began interacting that he felt something. We skip over the Namjoon situation to save the group from scrutiny as well as touching on the Yoongi situation delicately. Then, he waves me around. 

I stand and wave in front of the camera as the comments section goes into uproar, but Jungkook has an arm around my shoulders and he's looking at me with so much love and pride I don't bother with what they think. 

"Army, I know how you feel about him, and I respect that. I would never dream to take all of this away from anyone and have no plans to do as such. He'll continue to be the Kookie you all know and love. I just hope that we can come to be friends over time." 

Despite being unplanned, Jungkook kisses my cheek before concluding, "She's more than anyone knows, and I'm so happy. I hope that makes Army happy for me." 

I switch to English, "International Army, for those who don't know I'm officially based in Seoul now and hope to make Australian fans proud as I represent our culture in a positive light. I'll look after your Jungkookie as best I can for as long as he'll let me." 

We conclude the V Live with finger hearts before the screen goes blank. Everything is still a mess, but I've come to realize over the last few years that there's no use in settling into a new normal. Nothing about this life is normal, there's no stream line and it's time to be ready to adapt to anything the world has instore for me. As I look to Jungkook, he's got tears in his eyes. 

"I'm so proud of you." He says weakly, wiping the tears from his face. 

"I love you, Kook." 

"I love you too, Y/N." 

It's not perfect, there's so many complications and hurdles to come, but with him by my side there's nothing we can't do. 

"Aisssh! Stop that, we're not ready to be uncles yet!" Taehyung whines, holding his girlfriend tightly he hides his face in her shoulder as she laughs, patting his head. 

"Uncles? Huh." Jungkook replies, staring off deep in thought. 

"No!" Jimin cries out, running over to pull me away. 

It's chaotic, it's messy, but as everyone cries out laughing I know that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be.