Magic Shop

The night gets better, the group aren't nearly as shocked by the change in attitude as Namjoon explains that we're just going to see what happens as we get to know each other. While some seem wary of the situation, they don't seem nearly as concerned as I would have guessed given the circumstances. Getting to know a fan, even a soft fan, mustn't be easy given everything that had already happened. The open space doesn't seem nearly as scary now that I'm sat on the couch between Jin and Namjoon, especially with Namjoon's hand resting on my thigh casually. 

"I told you guys! It was pretty obvious at the second meet that she liked him!" Jin says with a booming laugh, clapping his hand onto Namjoon's. I can feel the impact as Namjoon laughs warmly in return. 

"Look, I love you Joon-hyung but I really thought that was headed for a rejection. She doesn't hold back!" Taehyung laughs, he's curled up right in the middle of everyone and has snuggled into himself with a fuzzy blanket covering his feet.

"Man, you are kind of intense you know that? But it's cool." Hobi agrees, leaning his head onto Jimin who's still gleaming with a curious grin.

"Hey! We're going to hang out and get to know each other. It's harmless. Nothing more!" I can't help but blush, looking back down at Namjoon's hand that still rests on my thigh. He notices and pulls away a little, scooting closer however so his calf rests against mine instead. 

'Subtle'. 

We spend the rest of the next few hours chatting, getting to know each other. All of us. They're surprised to hear that I'm a Kindy Teacher and that I'm a university graduate with a love for designer labels. They laugh as I tell them about my pets, their names drawing questions. They listen, various degrees of interest as the night wares on. Namjoon listens intently and tells me about their tour from start to finish, all the places they'd been and the people they'd met on their literal lap around the world. Taehyung talks fondly of Tan, his pomeranian who he's pleased to show me pictures of. This prompts what turns into a slide-show of everyone sharing pictures of their pets, leading easily into talking about our families. While the whole scenario begins strangely, it's hard not to settle into a sense of security as even Jimin and Jungkook get involved, telling me stories of the things fans had thrown onto stage or the viral Tick Toks they would create that made the boys cringe and smile with pride all at once. 

I can feel my eyes growing heavier as someone turns on the Tv, with Hobi and Jimin shifting to sit together on the two seater to game in the background. Yoongi's made snacks just like I'd seen fans swooning over and the group dig into an array of crackers with strange but delicious toppings and I can't wipe the smile from my face. Slowly, Yoongi and Jin retreat to their rooms to get some sleep, but I can't pull myself away as Taehyung draws me into a story about one of the episodes they'd filmed and all the embarrassing moments that had never made the cut. Namjoon cringed at the memories of his clumsiness but seemed content as he nodded and added small comments here and there. 

"Hey, I'm headed to bed too but it's going to be interesting to keep seeing you around I guess. Night everyone!" Jimin says, placing a hand onto the couch behind my head. I smile and wave as he disappears down the hallway and a door clicks closed. 

"You've got someone else's attention I think. He might be cute, but he's smarter than people give him credit for. He's probably just feeling out your personality for now." Hobi assures me as he turns the game of and disappears as well. I'd already gotten the feeling that Jimin's brain had been ticking over during the night as he watched how I moved and interacted with everyone, I just hoped it was nothing bad. 

With Jimin's odd exit and Hobi's reassuring words, only me, Taehyung, Jungkook and Namjoon remained. It had been some time since my eyes had first begun flitting closed, but it was becoming more evident as Taehyung lent over to whisper to Namjoon, basically laying in my lap as he kept his voice hushed. I was too tired to register the scene, to attempt to listen to what had been said. I hadn't noticed that Jungkook had slipped out of the room either as I re-opened my eyes to see Taehyung bringing his blanket over to where I had almost curled into a ball beside Namjoon. 

"Here, why don't you stay here? At least you're safe and it's kinda late." Taehyung whispers. I hum a response, nodding my head slowly. 

"Didn't you already head to bed?" I hear Namjoon say in a hushed voice, his weight shifting from the couch to approach whoever had rejoined us in the lounge area. 

"She'll get cold hyung. She can sleep in this."  Namjoon mumbles something to the voice, kneeling in front of the couch he hands me something thick and soft. 

"He's right, do you want to put this on? It'll keep you warm. We'll get you home after you get some sleep."  

I nod and sit up, rubbing my eyes I see a dark grey hoodie has been placed in my hands, I pop it on and Namjoon seems pleased as he turns the lights off. We say our goodnights as Taehyung and Namjoon wander off and disappear into the darkness. While the couch isn't the most comfortable thing ever, it's hard wrapped in the warm hoodie and Taehyung's blanket not to snuggle in and fall into a blissful sleep.