59

Show menu
Read Novel Full READ NOVEL FULL
NovelYaoiThis World Has Gone CrazyChapter 59 part1
THIS WORLD HAS GONE CRAZY
C59 part1

The bedroom was very quiet. Qi Le and Gu Bai looked at each other in silence. They didn't speak but the voice of Mother Qi came from the living room, urging, “Come and eat.”

Qi Le snapped out of it, mumbled an "Mmm," and put down those books on spiritual therapy, resigning himself to the situation. Then, he patted his face, took a deep breath and turned to walk out with a determined expression. Gu Bai looked at his wife’s state and guessed that he would most likely run out and kneel down in front of his mother with a loud thud and start crying. He quickly grabbed him and whispered, “Calm down.”

Qi Le sniffled. “My mum must know. What else is there to be calm about? She obviously doesn't agree to this. What should we do?”

Gu Bai immediately felt helpless. He rubbed Qi Le's head. “After I got up in the morning, I put away the stuff that should be hidden. We don't have to explain the messy sheets. We've been close since young so sleeping in the same bed means nothing.”

Qi Le blinked, pointing to the books next to him and the newly changed sheets and curtains. “Then you can explain to me what is going on?”

That's where the problem lies. He doesn't know why either… Gu Bai stared at the stuff and was about to speak when he heard Mother Qi's voice again. “Come out quickly. The food will be cold soon.”

Qi Le shivered all over and grabbed him nervously. “What should we do Erquan?"

Gu Bai comforted him by patting him gently. “Let’s go. Don’t mention this. We'll wait and see first.”

“I'll… I'll try…”

Gu Bai rubbed Qi Le's head helplessly and pushed him out. Mother Qi had just brought the last dish to the table. Seeing her son, she was shocked and worried. “What’s the matter? Why do you look so awful? Not feeling well?”

“I'm alright. Let’s eat.” Qi Le sat down, trembling with fear. His heart pounded, maintaining an abnormally high rate.

“Are you really okay?” Looking at her son, Mother Qi grew more worried. “If you feel uncomfortable, just tell me. I’ll take you to the hospital.”

“I'm really fine…” Qi Le bowed his head to shovel rice into his mouth. He picked one of the dishes and took a bite. He could hardly taste anything under such high mental stress, but he knew to change the subject. He looked at his mother tearfully. “It’s so delicious… I finally get to taste your cooking again…”

Gu Bai, “…”

“…” Mother Qi said. “Son, what you just ate was scallion used for seasoning.”

Qi Le took a second to respond, with no change in his expression. “It's delicious too. Everything you cook is delicious.”

Mother Qi finally smiled and reminded him uneasily. “If you feel uncomfortable, go to the hospital.” Only then did she sit down to eat. Qi Le bit his chopsticks and observed her silently. He felt that his mother didn’t seem willing to mention anything about him and Gu Bai. He struggled for a long time and finally couldn't stand it any longer. He said weakly, “Mom, I want to ask you something.”

Gu Bai instantly perked up, only to hear Mother Qi say with a smile. “Mmm, what?”

Qi Le struggled for a moment. “Why did you suddenly buy me those books?”

Mother Qi's expression suddenly became a bit unnatural, before it returned to normal. She smiled. “It's nothing. I thought they looked good so I bought them for you. Read them in the future. They can help you maintain a good state of mind.”