69

Show menu
Read Novel Full READ NOVEL FULL
NovelYaoiThis World Has Gone CrazyChapter 69
THIS WORLD HAS GONE CRAZY
C69
Qi Le wasn't sure the truth but he could guess the real reason behind Yi Hang’s injury through several conversations. Third Brother didn’t get the money at the time and certainly wouldn’t kick away the ladder so quickly. So, Yi Hang’s injury was probably his own doing. Things were less complicated after figuring this out. As to whether Third Brother had driven into Yi Hang some time ago, and for what reason, he could always ask again later.

He quickly pondered. “That’s right, I’m afraid his original intention wasn't to fake amnesia but madness. I happened to be in the hospital that day and saw him go mad and being taken to the psychiatric department. But there's one thing Third Brother may not know, that is, Lu Yanbin suddenly went to the hospital and wanted to test if he was pretending to be crazy or not. So, he knocked him in the head once more.”

Third Brother paused. “Is that so?”

Qi Le replied, “Third Brother, if you don’t believe me, you can check it out. My life is in your hands, so there's no way I'd lie to you."

Third Brother nodded. “Then, what are you trying to say?”

“Lu Yanbin laid hands on him hard and caused problems in his head. I don’t know if it's his brain or if it's a mental problem. In short, his current memory is a little messy, and he can only remember some things under certain circumstances before forgetting them again. Third Brother, if you don’t believe me, you can take a look yourself. You've seen so much, your vision is definitely better than an average person's.” Qi Le looked at him. “Besides, you are friends. If he has any problems now, or isn't the same person as before, you will know at a glance.”

Third Brother turned his eyes to Yi Hang. He had watched him from downstairs of Lu Yanbin's apartment some time ago. He had thought that this man was acting. Now that he thought about it, there was indeed something off about him.

Yi Hang’s little face went pale. He trembled as he met his gaze. He knew that Qi Le was rather frightening, so he must have a purpose. He had to shut up and listen to his arrangements.

Third Brother stared at him for a while and then looked at Qi Le again. “Go on.”

“This matter isn't very clear to him because every time he recovers his memory, the duration is extremely short and he can’t remember much. However, he keeps calling me and wants me to help him figure out the two million. He also said that he would give me fifty thousand when it's done.”

Third Brother asked suspiciously, “To deduce?”

“Mmm, we have a good relationship ever since he lost his memory. Of course he wants to talk to me. I'm a student. I used to have some money, but now the money's running out. I happened to be short of money when he suddenly promised to give me so much. Of course I would help.” Qi Le explained, “I invited a psychiatrist so that I can get the money sooner. We go to the bar every night to meet and chat. I wanted to ask the doctor if there was any way to cure him. Third Brother can go to the bar to ask if you don't believe me. I'm really not lying.”

If it were a lie, the more detailed it was, the more likely it was to be uncovered. Third Brother hesitated for a moment. “I’ll check that. Now let’s talk about your deductions.”

“He hasn't recovered his memory many times,” Qi Le replied obediently. “The first time, he said that he had hidden something and couldn’t remember where he put it. He asked me to help him find it. The second time was almost the same as the first. The third time, he said it was two million. I was startled at the time. Later, he appeared again and said it was wrapped in rags.”