60

Show menu
Read Novel Full READ NOVEL FULL
NovelYaoiThis World Has Gone CrazyChapter 60 part1
THIS WORLD HAS GONE CRAZY
C60 part1

Gu Bai looked at his wife’s teary-eyed confession; he looked pitiful. Gu Bai disregarded his headache and helplessness, rushing forward to pull him up. That thud had sounded really loud. His wife's knees must have been bruised.

Mother Qi quickly snapped out of it. Her son had always been obedient since childhood and made good progress in his studies. Over the years, everything was satisfactory except for his health. She had never thought that her son would kneel down to her one day and was scared silly. Her mind was blank and she couldn’t even hear what he said. She pulled her son over, feeling extremely distressed. “What are you doing all of a sudden? If you have something to say, can't we talk about it instead?" She paused slightly, reacted to his words and asked in surprise, “Do you… do you know that Xiao Ying doesn’t like you?”

“I’ve known for a long time.” Qi Le sobbed and wiped away his tears, his shoulders trembling as he heaved. “Don’t go looking for her. She's so gentle and beautiful. There are certainly many people who like her. In the future, she will definitely meet a good man who treats her sincerely. Just let her have a good life.”

“Mmm, mmm. I won’t.” Mother Qi quickly replied, pulling him to the sofa with her eyes aglow. “I actually knew her heart wasn’t on you a long time ago, but I didn’t dare to tell you for fear that you would be sad after finding out. These past few days, I heard that you wanted to look for her but I didn't tell you because I was worried you would be hurt. That’s why I bought you those books.”

Gu Bai couldn’t help sighing inside. It was exactly as he had thought.

“…” Qi Le looked at his mother and took a few seconds to respond. “…Whaa?”

Fuck! So this was what happened! Did he just confess for nothing? Why were things so dramatic? What should he do now ah?!

Mother Qi stroked his face and asked anxiously, “Son, are you really alright? Why did you say you don’t like her? What do you mean?”

Qi Le was dumbstruck. He blinked and blinked again, then said wistfully, “Ever since I found out the truth, I stopped liking her. My heart has been seriously injured.”

Mother Qi looked surprised and patiently advised, “Son, don’t be like that. Read the books I gave you. If you're free, go out and relax. Look at beautiful things and you'll slowly get better. Setbacks in life will surely pass.”

“Mom, don’t worry. Although this heartbreak was hard to get over, I still tenaciously survived!” Qi Le sniffled and wiped away his tears. “But after this shock, a shadow has been left in my heart. From now on, I don’t believe in girls any more, and I don’t like girls any more!”

Gu Bai, “…”

“Huh?” Mother Qi was even more worried. “Xiao Le, listen to your mother. You can’t generalize just because of one girl. Your life is just beginning. You will meet a girl who really likes you. You can’t stop believing in love because of this.”

“I do believe in love,” Qi Le choked. “I just don’t believe in girls.”

“Isn't that the same thing?”

“It’s different.” Qi Le looked at her. “Mom, I’ve been hit too hard. I don’t want to find a woman in my life. I want a man!”

Gu Bai, “…”

Mother Qi gasped and nearly fainted when she heard that. She quickly calmed down and remembered her son’s last cry. She said, “You asked me to bless you. Who are you talking about?”