19

Show menu
Read Novel Full READ NOVEL FULL
NovelYaoiThis World Has Gone CrazyChapter 19
THIS WORLD HAS GONE CRAZY
C19
P.S. I’d like to thank Alxenia123 again for the generous donation! You make me feel all the long nights are worth the effort! ❤

~~~

Qi Le ended up drinking too much tonight, not because of how much alcohol he had earlier but because he pulled Gu Bai back into the bar once again to continue drinking. Gu Bai, who had already cleared up his emotions, turned to look at him. “Why are you crying?”

“Who said I'm crying?” Qi Le found a place to sit down. “I was just caught in the rain. You must be blind.”

Gu Bai reminded, “You admitted you were crying just now.”

“I said that because I saw you crying alone and I was afraid to hurt your self-esteem,” Qi Le side-eyed him, “Got it?”

Due to the effect of alcohol and the dim lighting, his eyes appeared a little flirtatious. Gu Bai secretly sized him up. Although he knew that this person was most likely Qi Le, he hadn't adapted to the change in body yet, especially since it was a face that he actually knew. Fortunately, the feeling Qi Le gave him remained unchanged. He could slowly get used to it.

“It doesn't look like it's raining heavily outside.”

Qi Le poured two glasses of alcohol and remained stubborn. “It's because of the rain.”

The corners of Gu Bai's lips curled slightly. He didn't refute Qi Le. The latter raised his glass and said, “What are you looking at? Drink!”

Gu Bai had no choice but to accompany him to drink. After downing another glass, Qi Le topped both their glasses with alcohol again and asked in a low voice, “Why were you crying?”

“I was upset.”

Qi Le was silent for a moment before he said, “Just because the letter made you believe that he knew you liked him?”

“You can say that,” Gu Bai sighed, suddenly remembering how he felt after reading the letter a few days ago. “Xiao Le was always in poor health so I never dared to tell him. But to find out later that he actually knew, and I… I loved him so much. But even till the day he died, I never told him that myself. Up till the day he died… I didn't even know what he thought about this."

Qi Le listened quietly, holding his glass up to his lips. He felt his chest tighten. He hadn't thought about it carefully at the time and only wanted to make sure that this person had a good life. But he forgot how much this love meant to Gu Bai. It could very well end up becoming this person’s lifelong regret.

“Sometimes I wondered if he wanted me to say it out loud, but I didn't make it in the end. So I locked myself in his room these past few days, thinking that he might visit me in my dreams.” Gu Bai looked at him. “I want to know if he blamed me for hiding such an important thing from him."

I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean to torture you, I really want you to move beyond the pain and look to the future... As Qi Le drank, tears rolled down his face again because of how strong the alcohol was.

Gu Bai raised his eyebrows and felt as if he had been through too much. But who knew that there were still all these twists and turns. He was really so heartbroken after reading the letter a few days ago. He grabbed a tissue paper from the table and handed it over with a smile, “Is it raining again?”

“Mmm,” Qi Le casually wiped his face. “Um… You should look at it from another angle. He actually hopes that you will live a good life. Life is so long, you have to believe that you will find someone that you like.”