Note

Dean grinned as he entered the classroom and was greeted by a sea of toothy grins from his pupils. "Good morning, teacher." They exchanged greetings as Dean stood behind his desk.

"Good morning, class," he says as he turns to face each individual. He motions for the children to take their seats. The first lesson today is drawing, according to the schedule he took.

Dean opens the drawing, takes a bundle of colored sheets, and says, "Everyone, take out your crayons, sketches, and anything you need." He sat in the chair and began to count them.

Dean took out the attendance list, clicked his pen, and said, "I'll call your names. You'll come here and take these papers."

"Ariya Thomas," he calls, watching a little girl waddle towards him with a smile.

"This is for you." Dean gave her a piece of paper and marked her as present on the sheet. He continued this until he reached a certain kid.

While waiting for the child, Dean calls out, "Ayan Carter," and counts the remaining sheets. He failed to notice Ayan, though. He turns to look and searches for the child.

"Is Ayan absent?" He stopped speaking as soon as he noticed the kid looking down. His eyes dilated. "Ayan?" he calls again, as the boy looks up and notices his classmates staring at him with Teacher Dream.

"Are you alright, Ayan?" Dean got up from his chair and asked a question. Ayan nods and soon looks down. Dean is perplexed by his actions.

"Is there anything bothering you?" As the boy didn't look up, Dean questioned him while crouching down to touch his head, believing he might be unwell. Ayan only shook his head, though.

Dean said, "This paper," keeping it on his table, then rose to leave. The teacher cannot compel the boy to speak if he doesn't want to.

Ayan calls out while pulling a letter out of his pocket, "Teacher Dream." Ayan handed him the folded piece of paper and said, "Papa wanted me to give it to you."

"Oh, ok." When Dean nodded and accepted the paper, he assumed that it was a criticism of him, his methods, or his overall effectiveness as a teacher.

Dean keeps the note in his pocket as he makes his way back to his chair. If he reads it right away and it's something bad, he won't be able to focus and effectively instruct his students. His mind did, however, want to read the letter as he wrote a sentence on the board.

Letter to Mom

He wrote it in cursive on the board and then turned to face his pupils. He set the chalk on the table. When Dean notices the children's questioning expressions, he explains, "This Sunday is Mother's Day."

"What's Mother's Day, Teacher Dream?" A student raised his hand and asked a question. Dean grinned, realizing that he needed to explain clearly at this point.

"Mother is your mother, Mommy, Momma, and Mum." Dean scans the area. "This day is officially announced to express our love and respect for our mothers and to acknowledge their importance in our lives." He explained, fully comprehending, by getting off the deck and moving in front of the student's curious gaze and pouting lips.

Dean laughed as he picked up his chalk."Try drawing your mother, then add glitter, stars, or other decorations before writing this." On the board, he scribbled.

Happy Mother's Day, mom!

I love you.

"Let's get to work," Dean remarked, pulling out some sheets of stickers and sparkly pens from his desk drawer. Students grinned broadly, picked up their crayons, and got to work.