Found The Hopeful Light

"Ayan, be careful," Roman warns while following the young boy wearing a yellow shirt and jeans. The boy giggles and runs around the open green land.

"Papa," Ayan stops while pointing at a tulip. "Pretty!" Ayan exclaims as he steps towards the flowers, blooming under the bright sun.

Calder comments, "Roman, come on. Allow the boy to live." While setting the picnic basket with food, drinks, a blanket, and a sweater for Ayan. In case the weather changed and Ayan became chilly, his father bought it.

Roman turns to face Calder while casting his dark eyes in the direction of his son. The apple of his eye is his son. Roman moves back and sits next to Calder, staring intently at Ayan.

"Baby, play carefully," Roman spoke with worry as Ayan nodded and continued to play with his ball.

"Roman," Calder speaks while compiling a few thoughts in his head. Roman gave his attention with a hum. However, his eyes watch his son.

Calder sighs, "Look, Roman. I think it's time." Calder's words confused Roman.

"Elaborate," Calder gulps at the rough voice. He understood that probably Roman had already guessed it.

"Not my thoughts. Aunt--your mom wants you to re---"

"You know my answer, Calder." Roman stood up. He looks at the vast horizon with a void look.

"It has never changed." Roman glanced over his shoulder as Calder stood up too. "It will never change."

"I need a minute. Take care of my son." Roman walked to the opposite. 

He walked, his brows furrowing with each step. With every movement of his arm, the grim expression loosened. His lips trembled as tears began to well up in his clear eyes. His chest ached in a manner comparable to when his beloved wife died on that day.

He quickly sat down on an open bench. Any flower, any brightness, anything—his eyes were attempting to focus on it. Unfortunately, his hazy vision prevented him from focusing. A little droplet of his sorrow hits the ground, darkening it in its shadow.

A small ant carrying something heavier than its body caught his attention. It is walking straight ahead while firmly grasping the white object. It makes two turns before losing its bearings when a stone blocks its path. It would likely pause for a moment, reflect, and then reverse course.

His attention was drawn to a dry leaf that was lying on the ground and gathering dust. This leaf may not be from any of the local trees. It most likely dropped from a tree far away, mixed with the wind, wandered the streets, and then ended up resting here. Would this leaf stay here forever? What if it got swept and later used to make a fire? Is this the sole purpose of this leaf?

A boy was running towards Roman and smiled brightly. "Uncle, can I get this leaf?" Roman tore his focus from the leaf, he was holding and unknowingly caressed it.

"Why this? I mean, there are plenty available." Roman asked as the boy looked around and nodded his head.

"I like to collect leaves." The boy explained and fished a few leaves and showed them to Roman. "This leaf is different." The boy said and kept his leaves back in his pocket. "I will paste them in my book." Roman nods and gives the leaf to the boy.

"Thank you, uncle." 

"Do you know the name?" Roman asked while the boy kept the leaf safely in his pocket.

"Not yet," The boy replied and ran to the other side of the park.

Probably, its fate is being admired and being closed inside a box. Is this better than I was thinking? Otherwise, why would it travel, falling here and boy taking a liking on this leaf than rest?