Your Painting Gives Me Reason To Live.

Dean arrived at the headquarters of the prominent tycoon company with no idea what to expect. However, as he made his way inside, he was taken aback by what he saw. There, hanging on the wall, was a remarkable replica of a painting he had created during his college years. It was the very same artwork that had earned him recognition from his alma mater and had been a prized possession of his lover, who had requested to keep it. The emotions that flooded Dean as he beheld the painting were intense and complex, ranging from surprise to nostalgia and a tinge of sadness.

He didn't expect it to be hung on the tall wall behind the reception, covering the wall completely.

Sabastian noticed Dean's stuck eyes on the painting. "It's a nice one, right?"

"I didn't make this large," Dean whispered to himself while stepping closer and finally noticing it was not his painting but rather a picture of his painting.

"Pardon?" Sabastian followed the painter; surely he didn't get his words.

"Sabastian and Dean, please sit in the lounge room. Meanwhile, I will talk with the receptionist and sponsor." Liam requested it with a smile.

Liam, being the coordinator, is present with them as the rest of the team is working hard to launch the product on time.

None of them expected a sudden call from the secretary about visiting Emricon. Surely, they can't deny it, no matter the reason; after all, Emricon is the major investor in this project.

Dean sat down along with the ladies. Sabastian didn't like the silence between them. He thought to lift their nervousness.

Interlocking his fingers, Sabastian says, "I was thinking—"

"Good morning," A lady greets them as they stand up, seeing an unknown face.

The lady smiles and gestures for them to sit down. Pulling a soft smile from her red lips. She said, "Myself, Mary. I'm from the Human Resources Department. I was assigned to explain the company's work and ethics to you all." She smiles and looks to her right. "Before all those things, We can eat something first."

Before anyone could object. A tray full of chocolate cakes, pastries, donuts, and filter coffee was placed in front of them.

"Help yourself; meanwhile, I'll talk with Mr.Liam. Please, excuse me." Mary informs and requests that the attendees serve cakes on plates.

"Mr. Dean." The said male tears his eyes away from the sugary stuff and looks at Mary. "Please follow me; I have something to show you."

Dean nodded, and by instinct, his eyes glanced around in search of Roman. He realized quickly that the man mentioned was not present there.

With a dilemma in mind, take jittery steps. He followed the lady. Surely, this company is giving him an eerie feeling, as though someone is watching him. Seeing his every moment with calculative eyes.

Dean widens his eyes and instantly glances around, locking eyes with eight CCTV cameras, which are at the corners of the walls.

Walking through the hallway, Dean looked at his side and asked. "Who has access to the CCTV cameras?"

Mary smiled and replied, "The CEO and IT team have access."

Dean forced a smile. He knows he is walking towards a den.

Entering a cave can be an exhilarating experience, despite the potential risks that may accompany it. The palpitations of the heart can serve as a warning sign, eliciting fear and apprehension. However, an internal intuition may encourage one to confront these feelings and overcome them, resulting in a feeling of nostalgia that is familiar and comforting.