Conversation From Heart

Life's synonym might be unpredictable. We just don't know what can happen next. We can find new reasons to be happy and new causes for sadness. We keep walking on this walk, in search of understanding life and its values. In the process, we tend to fall in love with it. We do fall on each lump and get hurt; the tears become the medicine. Each drop becomes an herb, and we continue walking again.

We meet thousands of people; some of them push us forward, some try to pull us down, some become obstacles, and some forget themselves for us.

Something similar occurred with Roman too, when Amelia was in his arms. His eyes couldn't blink until his friend smacked his back. Roman places a lady back on her feet. He glared at his friend, who was whistling and looking away.

"Are you ok?" Roman asked, looking back at the lady, who nodded and hugged her books.

"You should watch where you're running," Roman said as the lady nodded her head.

"You cannot speak?" Calder asked, looking at the beautiful lady closely. Roman nudged his friend.

"Forgive him, he's a little crack," Roman said while glaring at his friend and smiling at the lady.

"Hey, I'm your friend, and this is how you introduce me? Never mind, I am Calder, and this is my friend Roman."

"Hello, I am Amelia." The lady whispered with shyness.

"Amelia," They look up to see a girl running towards them with a backpack slung over her shoulder.

Students around her glance at the lady walking gracefully toward the group. "Sorry for being late," the newcomer said to Amelia. Then, she looks at the males standing in front of them.

"Who are you guys? Why are you talking with my friend?" She pulls Amelia behind her. "You guys are bullying?" She narrowed her eyes at Calder.

"We might look like thugs, but we are not," Calder said while raising his hands in surrender.

"What? Seriously Cal?" Roman looks at Calder. "Look, lady, we are good people. Your friend was running, and I was talking with this idiot. None of us saw Amelia, and an accident occurred."

Calder leans toward Roman's ear and whispers. "Where Roman's heart is beating fast."

Roman ignores him and continues. "I was just helping her. If you are still unsure, ask your friend or check CCTV." By saying this, Roman walked away with Calder.

Roman glanced over his shoulder at Amelia one last time and caught her looking at him too. He became so agitated that he dragged Cal along with him, almost fleeing the scene. The perplexed man let him go until he realized something and smirked.

Calder puts his arm around Roman's shoulder and says, "Don't you think Amelia was so pretty?"

"What was? She is-I mean, yeah, maybe." Roman quickly looks away.

"She would date me, right? Obviously, I need to work hard to win her heart. But it will be worthy." Calder spoke with a dreamy smile and peeked at Roman, who got silent.

"Yeah, you do whatever you wish." This reply brought a frown to Calder's face.

Since the encounter, Roman has wanted to see Amelia. However, he didn't know anything about her. It had been nearly a month since their last encounter, and he hadn't seen the girl. He was losing hope and thought that maybe she was not the one. He would run to the canteen first, wishing to see her at least once. But nothing was favoring him.

Calder noticed this and felt helpless too. He tried looking for the girl too. But it turned out that she was a fairy who disappeared from the world.

Calder pats Roman's shoulder while sitting next to his friend on the basketball court. He didn't like Roman's dejected look.