Why Does Everything Go Wrong?

Dean placed his right hand over his three-piece suite-covered chest with his gaze on the left. A camera clicks with reflectors around him. Small huts and greenery are in the background. His daze locked with Roman standing adjacent to his sight.

Roman smiled while showing a thumbs-up. Ayan looked at his teacher and then back at his father. He made a similar gesture with his tiny fist. Dean chuckled, looking at the other side, which was captured too.

Sabastian noticed this and doesn't have a good feeling about their decreasing distance since their first meeting. His eyes narrowed at Dean's smile. He knows this is not a professional smile but rather a smile from the heart; it is pure and contagious. However, he calms himself as his eyes fall on Ayan, who is a walking assurance that his father is a straight man with feelings only for his mom.

He forced himself to smile at Dean, who stepped towards him with a warm smile. Damn the contagious smile of the happy Dean.

"Tian! You are up. The director is asking for you to meet him first." Dean explained, standing in front of the said male.

Sabastian nodded his head and looked at Dean's hand. He clasped them with his own, catching the man off-guard. "Since this coming Saturday will be the last day, and-" He looks at the confused gaze of Dean. "I was thinking if we go out on a friendly date. Just you and me."

"I-"

"We don't know when we'll meet again. So..."

"I was saying-"

"Just give it another thought. You're spending all the time with Ayan. I'm deprived of you. Ple-"

"Wait, wait. I was saying I'd be happy to spend time with my friend." Dean replied while pulling his hands away. "Ayan is my student and someone I'm familiar with." Dean reasoned while Sabastian looked away. He feels stupid for even having such a thought. He was getting jealous of a small boy.

"I got to know you during this shoot, right?" Dean further added, watching Sabastian nod his head. He sighed, placing his palm on the man's face, making the man look at him with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry too," Dean whispered, feeling guilty for leaving his only model friend alone. "Evening 5 is cool?" Sabastian could only nod in reply.

Dean smiled and walked towards the table where beverages are present.

Sabastian stood there with a hand over his cheek. It felt magical for him. It was a simple touch, but it left an impression on his thumping heart. His eyes fell over his black shoes. He can feel his cheeks warming up, and the reason is obviously not the sun shining brightly.

"Sweet, my love is so sweet." Mumbling to himself, he stepped towards the director, who was busy looking at the monitors and talking with Liam, who had Ayan on his lap.

The boy curiously looked at everything and didn't disturb the elders, after the warning of his father and advice from his teacher. He'll always be a good boy to his teacher.

A lady witnessed Dean and Roman's interaction. Her fists are clenched, her nails digging into her fair skin. She doesn't like that Roman could smile at an unknown person but can't look at someone who studied at the same college. She does not like the way Roman speaks formally with her. However, he is completely carefree with Dean.

She looks at the table where the beverage is served, and Dean is drinking water with Roman next to him. She can't hear their conversation. However, the laugh surely reached her ears. She's not liking the deja vu feeling where previously it was Amelia.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Ready?" Sabastian asked as soon as the door opened, his eyes on his watch. He wanted to be punctual.