Warmth In My Soul

Dean gulped unknowingly and stared at Roman's approaching figure. He doesn't know why; he feels like he did something wrong. Even though he helped the cops with their work, shouldn't he be praised for that?

Sabastian was still digesting the fact that Dean bore down a fully grown man with his left leg. What would have happened if he threw his fists or used both hands and feet? That man would have definitely gone to the hospital rather than the police station.

Eyes focused on the injury Roman sighed, looking away. "Who asked you to do that?" Roman asked, placing Ayan on the ground, who embraced a blue whale plushie that had a tag on it.

His big eyes looked at his teacher with shock. He gasped, looking at the blood seeping from the jeans. "Teacher wound." He whispered, pointing at his leg.

"It's nothing; I can-" Dean paused when Roman kneeled in front of him and wrapped his kerchief around it. "Manage," he belatedly added.

"Let's go; we need to give proper treatment before it worsens," Roman said quietly, taking a step back and locking eyes with Dean.

Dean shook his head. "I will--" An assertive glare from Roman—"I'm following"—changed his tone and he motioned for Roman to begin walking.

"Teacher, paining?" Ayan's soft voice reached his ears. "No, I'm strong," Dean replied, but Ayan didn't look like he agreed. He instead looked at his father and wrapped his fingers around his dad's index finger.

"Papa, the teacher is in pain," Ayan mutters, looking at his teacher with worry.

"Don't worry," Roman gave a warm smile to his son, who finally looked convinced, if his papa was saying not to worry, then there was nothing to fear. His teacher will get better, just like his papa did.

"Ye-yeah, let's go," Sabastian said, walking to the end of the road to hail a taxi.

"I'm so sorry, Dean. It's all because of me." Sabastian apologized while glancing at Dean.

Dean shook his head and muttered, "It was unexpected, and it was my decision. Don't feel guilty. In turn, I reckon we will always remember this trip and this moment." Sabastian nodded without looking at them.

"Yeah, I'll push you under the truck next time to remember that trip." Roman spat with sarcasm. Dean looks at him with shock. He wasn't prepared for this punch.

"We'll have a trip again?" Ayan asked, looking at his dad with happiness. This boy sure loves traveling. Roman merely patted his head as a silent request to remain silent.

"I did not mean it like that," Dean said, even though he doesn't think what he said was right. But he doesn't want anyone to feel guilty about his actions.

"Kindly elaborate on your previous words then, Mr. Dean Rayden," Roman said with a calm temper.

"Hey, you love fighting or what?" Sabastian asked with raised eyebrows. Roman looked away, ignoring the question.

They arrived at the hospital with an air of awkwardness that even the driver could detect. They played a song on the radio to lighten the mood.

Ayan was in his world, playing games on his dad's phone, unaware that Sabastian and his father maintaining a staring competition.

Whenever Dean moved his leg, he could feel a burning sensation. Thanks to his skinny jeans, he didn't dare pull the fabric, scared of the pain. He is thankful for Roman acting quickly with the thought of wrapping a cloth to intercept the blood flow.

He looks at the front, where Roman is sitting with Ayan. His lips stretched upward when he remembered the counterattack on his words. Now, if he thinks it sounds funny to imagine a serious man saying something like that,