A Mistake of Judgement

"Papa," Ayan whispered, rubbing his eyes and walking towards Roman, who was shaving. Roman narrowed his eyes, looking at his son through the dressing mirror.

"Look, who woke up early today?" Roman smiled at his son, who was blinking while looking around.

"You are on earth, mister," Roman said, gesturing for his son to get near.

"Good morning," Ayan mumbles while sleeping on Roman's shoulder. He heard his father's chuckle and warm embrace, hugging him back.

"You look like Santa," Ayan comments, looking at his dad with giggles. Roman raised his eyebrows. "Excuse me for this," Roman said and applied the foam to Ayan's cheek, who shrieked and rubbed his cheek. "Papa. Cold."

Roman chuckled, taking the razor. Ayan observed his dad scooping foam from his cheek and applying it to his face.

"Papa, I want to shave too," Ayan said, making a face while rubbing his cheek as though he had grown a beard.

"You will get late for school."

"You don't get late for work."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Sir," Dean calls while looking at the principal sitting on his chair and signing papers. The principal looked at Dean and smiled at him.

"Please take a seat," the principal said while gesturing for Dean to sit on the available chair. Dena looks hesitant to step in. He fists the envelope and inhaled deeply. He needs to get over this.

"Sir," Dean said, handing the principal his resignation letter because his eyes couldn't meet the principal.

The principal looked shocked and whispered, "May I know the reason?"

Dean stops his index nail from ripping his finger skin. "It's written on-"

"From you," the principal says, keeping the envelope aside.

Dena contemplated for a few seconds and said, "Sir, I found a better job. I believe it's good to follow what makes you happy."

The principal smiles. "Very well. Is it okay to leave after Christmas?"

Dean quickly shook his head. "Sir, I don't-"

"I didn't mean to force you or change your thoughts. It's just that the kids will be sad. After all, you become the favorite of many." Dean's thoughts were interrupted by this response, which prompted him to recall his memories.

"Ok, sir. I'll ask the company and let you know." Dean replied, standing from his seat.

"Alright, I wish you the best. Do well in life and be happy." They shook hands.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Are you serious?" Daniel's voice echoed in the silent corridors of the school. Dean hushed him as they both walked together.

"Are you serious?" Daniel whispered this time, leaning closer to Dean's face.

"Yeah," Dean replied, pressing his fingers on the books.

"Damn, bro. I might be friends with a famous model." Daniel gasped, and there was sheer happiness in his eyes.

"I'm not a model." Dean tries correcting him.

"Ok, to-be model."

"Are you understanding the situation?"

"Of course, I am." Daniel takes a book from the bunch he is holding. "Give me an autograph before you become too famous and I can't reach you."