Sanguine

Dean's chest contour is in acute pain. His heart is being pinched. He bites his lips, suppressing the pain.

"Please, my angel, eat dinner." Nathan was sitting in front of a handcuffed man.

Nathan closed his eyes and controlled his anger. For the umpteenth, he is requesting the tied-up man to open his mouth and eat.

Dean continued to ignore him and refused to acknowledge Alfie, who was looking at him with regretful eyes.

"If you don't eat something, how can we take your medicine?" Nathan whispered. "Fine. If not food, the soup will be good, right?"

Nathan keeps the tray aside and gestures for Alfie to get the soup. Alfie quickly nods and steps out of the room.

"Why are you being stubborn?" Nathan raised his hand to caress Dean's cheek. However, Dean pushed his hand away.

"Just let me go." Dean glares at the man. "You are wasting my time." He looks away. "I'll pretend this never happened."

Nathan's jaw clenched as he sighed, holding his temper. "Previously, you would glow with shyness when I caressed your cheek."

Dean snaps his gaze back at Nathan. "Because he was different. You are not the one who made me shy. Rather, you're making me uncomfortable and regretful."

Nathan's eyes narrowed as he held Dean's chin tightly. "Don't test my patience. I held enough patience these four years without you." His gaze falls on Dean's lips. "You have no idea how I want my lips all over you."

Dean shuddered with disgust. "I'm glad; we never had that moment."

Nathan chuckled humorlessly. "We will see about that."

They heard a knock on the door.

There stood a man in his forties, clad in a white suit. He steps inside the room.

Nathan instantly stood straight with a little stumble.

"Da-dad,"

A sharp slap resonates in the room, with Nathan's eyes locking with Dean's wide eyes.

"I don't care what you do. Don't ruin my reputation!" The old man glared at his son with pure rage. He gave another slap, unable to control his temper.

"Congratulations! That man's family is searching for him." The tycoon shouts, pointing at Dean.

Dean's eyes gleam with hope.

My family knows about my absence.

Nathan stutters, "I love him," with a kick on his shoulder, pushing his son back on the floor.

"Did I ask you to speak?" The old man sighs and looks at Dean.

He looks back at Nathan. "Make this kid your love, or anything." He ducks down, watching Nathan's quivering lips. "Your gayness stays inside this room. For the world, you are a straight man going to marry a woman."

He stood up, glancing at Dean. "I've paid those officers to delay this case." He continues looking at him. "How about declaring him dead?"

Dean's breath hitched. His eyes were looking around, trying to comprehend what he just heard.

The old man continued, "This way you can have this kid. I'll have my reputation."

Dean snaps at the old tycoon and mutters. "It's not going to happen. My family will never believe nonsense."

The old man laughed. "This isn't the first time; I'm doing it." With an egoistic mind, he further added. "The lady's heart you have." He smirks. "It wasn't just an accident."