Making Space in one's life.

After arriving safely, Ayan jumped with happiness as he held his teacher's hand.

"Does the teacher stay with this stranger?" Ayan asked, memorizing the room number.

"How many times should I tell you, little angel, I'm not a stranger?" Sabastian spat, holding a smile, while his eyebrows twitched with anger. He is not an angel. He is a carbon copy of Satan.

"He's Uncle Sabastian; he works with me." Roman supported Sebastian while Ayan made a face of realization. "Alright, rest well," Roman said, looking at them both and holding the hand of his pouty boy.

"Take care," Sabastian replied while opening the door. Roman smiled at Dean and took a step back.

Dean looks at Roman, getting the urge to tell him the truth. Although something is stopping him, which he does not understand, he tried his best to act normally, not feeling pain in his chest, becoming uneasy, and avoiding looking at anyone. He refrained from crying again. His fist tightened, and he followed Sabastian on his heels.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Roman sits on the single bed. His eyes felt warm. He could feel his breath becoming warm as well. He pressed his palm over his neck and forehead, and it felt normal. He shook his head and sat down on the bed to rest; he'll be fine by evening.

"Papa!" Ayan stepped out of the bathroom. "I washed my face and hands." Ayan showed his hand.

Roman sat up, throwing the duvet away, and opened Ayan's suitcase. "Let's work on math, dear," Roman said, searching for a math workbook.

"Papa, tomorrow." Ayan sat in front of his father and rested his face in his palm, making a cute face. "Please," he said, blinking his eyes shut.

"What will you do now?" Roman asked, keeping the books back in their place. If this tiny fellow is not ready to study now, then his dad will never force him.

"Uh?" Ayan made a thinking face. "I won't give my phone. You have used more than enough for today." Roman said it before Ayan could ask for it. The boy pouted, nodding with dejection.

"What's there to think when uncle Liam is here?" Liam stepped toward the duo with a wide grin. He keeps the laptop away.

"Where were you? The room is big enough to hold you and your laptop." Roman asked, zipping the bag.

"Just wanted to grab a coffee and thought to finish meeting there," Liam replied, picking up the boy in his arm.

"I met a chick," Liam smirks, showing his phone, which has a new contact added.

Roman rolled his eyes while shaking his head.

"Let's go, champ. We'll go to the arcade. Your dad is boring." Liam pressed on with the last words, which earned a giggle from Ayan.

"Make sure to return before evening. He needs to finish his homework and revise."

"Ok, ok. He'll be here by 5." Liam quickly marched out of the room with Ayan, who waved at his dad.

Roman rubbed his forehead and sat on the bed to finally rest. He closed his eyes, pulling the duvet closer. He hugged a pillow to his chest.

As said, Ayan and Liam arrived before five. The boy with balloons and another hand holding a waffle pack. He sure has a sweet tooth.

"Shush, your dad's sleeping," Liam whispered, placing the boy on the edge of his bed. He crawled to the center of the bed and carefully opened the pack without making any noise.

Liam's phone rings; he quickly accepts it and steps out of the room. Ayan looks at his dad's back with longing. He can't stay away from his dad without clinging to him. He jumped from Liam's bed and climbed onto Roman's bed.