Reunite Soon

"Sir, I wanted to know where you found Dean's phone," Ethan asked while standing in front of Justin.

The officer glanced at Ethan and continued scrolling his phone. "Of course with the burnt body."

Ethan clenched his jaws tightly and closed his eyes to calm himself. "May I know the update on Dean's case?"

Justin sighed, keeping his phone aside. "Our special force is looking for clues. When we get hold of the criminals, we'll let you know."

Ethan nodded his head. "Thank you, officer."

Ethan walked out of the police station with a sarcastic smile.

"Like I said, these officers are bribed. They're saying they found Dean's phone with the body, and the last location shown is the school." Ethan spoke with a scoff. "The kidnapper took Dean's phone, clicked on power off, and kept it back in Dean's pocket."

Ethan looks back at Roman. "Sir, I'll go and get my brother. Thank you-"

Ethan paused his words when Roman called someone.

"Hello, Cal. I need your help, bro."

[Anything for my best friend.]

Watching the confused gaze of Ethan. Roman said, "Since you got promoted recently to deputy chief, I want..."

[What? You want a party?]

"Cal, it's serious. I want a police force to help me find Dean."

[Dean? What happened to him?]

"Didn't you watch the news?"

[I'm busy with cases here. Anyway, tell me the closest station. I'll contact the officer.]

"It's probably YXE station."

[Cool. I'll ask them to prepare, and I'll be there too.]

"Thanks, but you don't-"

Cal has already ended the call.

Roman looks at the station and goes back to Ethan.

"Let's go and get our Dean."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Dean made a conscious effort to force a smile and nod, despite feeling anything but happy. He knew that he needed to maintain this facade to reclaim his life, so he was willing to pretend for as long as necessary. With a determined glint in his eyes, he left the room and reunited with his family. As he locked eyes with Alfie, who returned his gaze with a gentle nod, Dean felt a sense of resolve wash over him.

"Nathan, don't worry. You go alone; I'll be here." Alfie gave an assured nod to Nathan, who smiled, thinking that everything was going to get better in his life now.

"Don't forget to take your medicine before going," Alfie said while taking a pill from the strip and giving it to Nathan, who chugged it down along with water.

Nathan leans forward to kiss Dean's forehead. However, Dean moved back while looking away. Nathan gave a small smile. "I will wait until you are comfortable."

Dean pressed his lips between his teeth and pretended not to hear. Even though Nathan knows, he hears him.

Nathan's car passed through the main gate. Alfie quickly marched towards the surveillance room and disabled the cameras with hasty movements. He looks at his tab, where a notification pops up informing him about the camera being switched off.

All the information related to the company or house is present only on Alfie's tablet. If Nathan wants anything, Alfie has all the information.

He closed his eyes in relief while stepping out of the room. None of the guards could get suspicious of or question him. They know about Alfie's status and his power.