Locking Eyes With Tangled Fingers

Last time, Ayan tried to stop Dean. Roman became conscious and politely asked the man to leave them alone.

Dean looks at the boy hugging his waist expecting a positive response. His gaze is drawn to Roman, who, for the first time, does not appear angry or upset, but is relatively calm.

"Please," Ayan whispered, looking at his teacher and back at his father with pleading eyes, seeking help from his dad.

"We shouldn't force others, dear. I have taught you, right?" Roman instead spoke to Ayan, who looked down and nodded.

"Good night, teacher," Ayan whispered, walking back to his father with hunched shoulders.

Dean smiled; he sure is dramatic.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Brushing is done, right?" Dean asked, brushing the boy's hair. Ayan nodded with a wide grin.

"Alright, get to bed. I'll turn off the lights." Dean said and looked at Roman, who stepped out of the bathroom.

"Sir, have you taken your medicines?" Dean asked, looking at Roman's wide eyes.

"If I didn't ask, you would have surely forgotten, and heaven knows what could have happened at night?" Dean lectures while giving the medicine to Roman, who quickly takes it without muttering anything.

"What if your fever returns? Have you thought about Ayan?" Dean widens his eyes, realizing his words. "Sorry, sir. I scold my dad sometimes for not taking care of himself. It just--"

"It's alright. I deserve some scoldings, I believe." Roman said, glancing at Ayan's giggling face.

"Uh, no, no, sir. Who am I to scold you?" Dean quickly spoke while shaking his head.

"Ayan's favorite and amazing person," Roman replied, drinking the medicine with a frown.

Dean sat on the opposite bed with a sad face. Maybe you'll not think the same after knowing everything.

"Papa doesn't like medicine either," Ayan said, hugging Dean.

"Of course not," Roman whispered, looking at the pill and inhaling deeply before gulping it down with water.

"Yay!" Ayan claps, encouraging his dad. "You can do it; this is the last." Roman looks at the boy hugging Dean and drinks the medicine.

Ayan claps, jumping on the bed. Dean tries to calm the boy, who is thinking of the bed as a trampoline.

"Calm down; we shouldn't disturb the neighbors," Dean says while laughing with the cute boy. The boy ignored it and continued to jump.

Dean glanced at Roman, who was sitting calmly. "He'll get tired," Roman said, understanding Dean's gaze. Dean nodded, looking at the boy finally sitting with panting, his chest heaving while lying on the bed.

"Drink some water," Dean whispered, taking the glass of water. Ayan whines, turning around and facing the wall.

"Hey, you better listen to your teacher," Dean commanded as though he were very angry. Ayan looks over his shoulder and giggles. "Teacher," Ayan sing-songs, melting the man.

Roman laughs, noticing the change in expression on Dean's face from angry to smiley. Dean looks at Roman, wishing to say something. However, they heard someone knocking on the door.

"I'll check," Roman said, walking towards the door while fixing his hair.

"Get under the duvet now," Dean said, pulling the duvet over the boy, who pushed it aside and stood up. Dean sighed, having a hunch about the outcome. Ayan started to jump again. This time Dean didn't say anything; he heard his phone ringing. He quickly accepted the video call, wishing to step outside. However, he can't leave Ayan alone. He looks at the closed door and shrugs, thinking Roman went out.