Feel Comfort In Your Arms

Dean turns around in the quilt and faces the sleeping duo on their bed. For a second, his eyelashes parted and closed again. He frowns when he forces himself to open his eyes and sit on the bed.

He rubs his eyes to get over the sleepiness. He is hoping that when he looks down, Roman will be present on the bed. However, the man is missing. His frown deepened, not understanding where he could be. Until his eyes landed on the bathroom door. He slaps his forehead and falls back on the bed.

He waited, and he waited for five minutes. But Roman is nowhere to be seen. This was troublesome. Did he go to meet Liam or something? However, he notices that the time is 2 a.m. It's surely not possible. Where could the man have gone in the middle of the night? The market? They bid good night, and he saw Roman lying next to Ayan while telling a story to the boy, which even he heard and fell asleep.

The man just vanished. He closed his eyes, not able to think much in his sleepiness. He turns around and lies in a comfortable position. Until he opened his eyes and saw the sliding door of the balcony slightly open, he frowned again, remembering to close it before sleeping.

He sat upright and yawned, walking towards the balcony to close it. Until he saw Roman sitting there. He quietly opens the door.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in a whispered shout, making the man flinch in his shaking.

Roman looks startled at Dean and hugs the frame of his wife tightly. "You are doing a part-time job as a ghost now?" He asked, watching the man rub his eyes.

Dean looks at Roman with sleepy eyes. He felt the chills of winter, and this man was sitting on the floor without covering himself from the cold. He sighed and walked back to his bed, pulling his duvet out. He dragged it with him and groaned when it stuck on the door frame.

"What are you doing?" Roman asked, keeping his wife's frame on the side and helping to untangle the duvet.

Dean shuts the door and slumps next to Roman. He opened the duvet and covered himself and Roman with it. "You'll catch a cold again." He mumbles in a sleepy voice and shuffles closer to Roman.

Roman smiled in amusement. This man was always caring, or what? This sleepyhead is worried about his health again. He wrapped the duvet properly around the sleeping Dean, whose head fell on Roman's shoulder.

"You should be sleeping on the bed," Roman said with a chuckle. He watched Dean blink his eyes and look at him, head still on his shoulder.

"Why are you not?" Dean asked, closing his eyes again.

Roman looks at the sky and says, "I couldn't..." He looks at the smiling face of his wife in the photo. "I remembered something,"

"When will you start expressing your thoughts? You know, sometimes it's really hard to understand whether you are emotional or something else." Dean sat upright and looked at Roman. He raised his hand and used his index finger and thumb to stretch Roman's lips on the sides. "You should smile at others too." He giggles, dropping his head back on Roman's chest.

Roman chuckled, patting the man's head. Dean looks up again. "What was bothering you?" He again rests his head on the beating heart.

Roman took a few seconds and looked at the mop of black hairs and the hand resting on his lap. He knows this man has never judged him. Even now, Dean asks to express his thoughts instead of saying he's a cold man with no emotions.

"I'm missing my wife," Roman whispered, his hand unconsciously bringing Dean closer to himself. "Yesterday's conversation brought back some memories." His hand hugged Dean tighter. "She didn't see Ayan's first step." He bites his lips. "She didn't hear his first words." He inhaled sharply to stop himself from crying. "She couldn't see Ayan going to school."