Denouncement

Roman looks at the two lovers hugging each other while Nathan's brother wipes Alfie's tears and tries to calm him. He has never seen two men's affection. The way Alfie hugged him. Roman was reminded of himself and Dean.

He looks back at the guards, who are running out of the main gate. Calder was quick to ask his force to capture them all. Yet, one escaped to find Dean.

Ethan saw the man escaping and ran to capture him. But the man was quicker than him. He pushed Ethan away and ran towards the dense trees.

In my service, nobody could question me, as I always finished my tasks. Is this tiny human escaping? I will not let Sir Nathan question me. I will bring that dumb thing back to the mansion!

The guard smirks, running towards the trees.

Ethan held his forehead, which was slammed against the wall of the compound. His dizzy mind didn't allow him to stand properly.

"My brother," Ethan said, holding the wall and standing straight to run. However, he wobbled and fell to the ground.

"Ethan," Calder calls the man while pressing his kerchief against his forehead.

Ethan closed his eyes with pain while whimpering Dean's name. "Sir, please save my brother." He stutters.

"Of course, my team is here. We'll find Dean. Don't-" Calder stopped speaking when he felt a force of air slaps his cheek.

"No, Roman! Roman, stop." Calder calls while watching Roman chase the guard, followed by his team.

Calder's phone starts ringing, and with a groan, he accepts it while helping Ethan stand up.

"Good afternoon, sir."

[What are you doing there?]

"Pardon?"

[Why are you in Raynott's mansion?]

"Why shouldn't I be here? This area falls under my zone. Obviously, I'll visit any place I find suspicious."

[You aren't understanding; you shouldn't be there. The Chief is upset here.]

"Sir, I'm searching for the victim." Calder looks at Alfie. "I've witnessed statements too."

Alfie quickly nodded his head, looking at his lover while hugging him tightly. He doesn't know what the future holds. But he wants to stay in his arms, feeling protected and safe.

"How did you know about me being here, sir?"

[Your subordinates informed me that you took a force with you.]

"Ok, sir. It's good that you know everything."

[And I'm not happy with your—]

"Hello? Hello? Sir, your voice is not clear. I will call back later."

Calder ends the call and helps Ethan sit inside the car.

"Please, give him first aid," Calder says and looks at the dense forest area with worried eyes.

Now, I'm worried about two people. Please be safe, guys.

Ethan shrieks away with closed eyes when cotton dabs on the cut.

"I'm so sorry; please stay still." A soft yet strong voice reverberates in Ethan's ears. "I already told you that it might burn a little."

Ethan looks at the man with wide eyes. "It's you."

The man furrowed his eyebrows. However, he continued with his task without minding why the other man was gaping at him with wide eyes.

"You are the one who came to the office and helped me collect paper from the floor."