Love Sillage

Wait!

Wait for your time to come. Wait to get something. Wait for it to shine brightly. Wait for it...

Haven't we heard it most of the time? Wait for the good times to come. Good things reach those who wait.

What they wanted to say was perhaps 'have patience'. Waiting and patience are different things.

The distinction between waiting and being patient is crucial. Expectations are so high as we wait; we pretend to be patient, but in reality, we are just waiting.

Being patient means having a certain amount of trust, being open to the unknown, and not needing constant reassurance that you'll obtain what you're 'waiting' for.

Now, if we change the word 'waiting' to 'have patience' at the start of the chapter, the sentence would probably make more sense.

Dean was known for his extraordinary patience, which he valued more than anything else. He often opened up about his perspectives on life, his thoughts about people, and the pain he experienced.

His friends would frequently nod along, indicating that they understood his viewpoint. However, in the next moment, they would express gratitude for never encountering individuals similar to those Dean had described.

At that very moment, he would give a bitter chuckle and nod.

Well, you are God's favorite child, and I'm life's favorite student.

"You can't do this," Nathan whispered as his eyes filled with tears. He looks at Dean's gaze, which is locked with him.

"What is my fault here? I just love you." His wrist was cuffed by the officer. "When did love become a crime?" He looks at Ethan, who is staring at him with gritted teeth.

Ethan parts his lips with narrowed eyes to give an ear full of words.

"Do you understand the meaning of love?" Dean asked while stepping closer to Nathan.

Roman looks at the duo with furrowed eyebrows and confusion written in his eyes.

"Love surely has different definitions for different individuals," Dean said with a tender voice. "I know, you met me. I met you. We became friends. Later, we found out that we loved each other's existence."

Dean blinks and looks down while letting out his thoughts.

"Surely, I treasure our moments like flowers. However, your sudden disappearance turned it into thorns." He pinched his heart. "It gradually became too heavy for me to carry."

He sighed and gave a small nod. "So, I heard that alcohol can reduce your pain. Thus, I entered a life that brought me to the hospital bed, where my mother is weeping and my father is disappointed."

Dean locks his gaze on Nathan. "Tell me, when did your love heal me?"

Nathan didn't reply.

He smiled. "It's not love when your only thought is making them yours.

"It's not love when you want everything to be yours.

"It's not love when you take their freedom away.

"Love is seeing their smile make you smile.

"Love is a selfless feeling.

"Love is pouring everything into that person.

"Love is feeling their pain even though they're far away from you.

"Love is knowing their words even before they speak."