XX Judgement

This card could benefit from a new title. Too many of us see it and think that it means we are being judged—that meaning, though, belongs to the Justice card. This card is about hearing a call and answering it. The image shows the dead, lifeless, and stagnant people being awoken; by responding to the call, they find renewed life. This card is also associated with forgiveness. If we are called upon to forgive and we do, we are renewed and freed. If we do not and instead decide to foster a grudge, we remain as we were, trapped in anger or hurt. So, Judgement can mean a call of any sort. Whether or not we act on the call determines the ultimate outcome. 

Core meaning: Hearing and heeding a call

Core meaning:
Hearing and heeding a call.

The Legacy card is even more emotionally evocative. The angel appears to be longing for the answer, more passionate in its plea. The rising figures answer the call with beatified grace. It is easy to imagine they were not dead but in an agony worse than death.

In the Shadowscapes Judgement, the focus is on the call itself, with the rising being almost hidden in the flow of her garment. It implies that by following the call of the Divine, we will find ourselves in a transformative universal flow.