Chapter 2-Jai

Jai

I rub my face with both hands as my private aeroplane lands.  I don't even know what I'm doing here.  I just finished filming, jumped on a flight to surprise her... and I got the surprise myself.  The next thing I knew I was gone booking a flight to a quiet resort to sort things out.  I just want to be alone—no family, no friends, no co-workers, no drama, and most importantly no her and her lies anymore. 
I rise from my seat and exit the aeroplane.  I stand at the top step surveying my destination.  My eyes immediately land on a female waiting in a line for a tour bus.  Why am I always so drawn to sheilas?  I feel like I go from one bad relationship to another.  I'm sick of it.  They all lie, they all cheat.  Why can't I find a decent one? 
"Everything alright, Mr Courtney?" a young man from the flight staff asks me. 
"No worries, everything's good, mate," I reply. 
I see the female in line turn her head and my breath catches in my throat.  She's breathtaking.  I can't look away.  I notice another lady speaking with her and she responds back, laughing and hugging her.  Either she's got to be friends with her or she comes here often.  I'm suddenly wondering where they're off to.  I hope it's the same resort as mine. 
"Everything is loaded up, sir.  Your transportation is ready," the same attendant informs me.  I break my gaze for a moment and nod to him before I step down the stairs and walk to my waiting limousine.  I can't take my eyes off her for some reason. 
I watch as the bus drives off.  I realize when my limo starts moving that we're turning in a different direction.  I ask the driver if he knows where the bus is headed. 
"That's a hotel bus, mon.  It's going to the local's city not far from here—opposite direction from where you're going," he informs me. 
"Is it a nice hotel?" I question. 
He laughs. 
I stare at him.  He glances back at me in the rear view mirror. 
"Oh, you're serious, mon?" he says clearing his throat.  "It's nicer of the local hotels.  The resorts are better, probably more like what you're used to."
"What's wrong with it?" I question.  Everyone seemed so happy. 
"I can almost guarantee it's a bus full of those American do-gooders.  They come here and do something with the churches, visit the hospital, visit the schools, give to the poor.  I hear word of a new school being built in the mountains nearby.  The ground has been leveled and set the foundation.  I bet they're helping build it," the driver explains. 
"That's what they do on holiday?" I ask surprised. 
"No, not a vacation.  They're missionaries, mon," he tells me.  "Or at least they usually are.  A group from the same area visits every year for a couple weeks.  They go home, a new group comes."
"So they'll be here for a fortnight..." I say almost to myself.  I stare out of the window as we drive along a smooth road to the nearby resort.  It's got a tropical, majestic sort of vibe. It's incredible, really but something just feels off about being here.
I'm already recognized the moment I step out of the limo.  I plaster on a fake smile, sign a few autographs, and take a few pictures.  Meanwhile, all of the ladies gawk at me as if I'm a piece of meat.  I usually don't mind the attention—I generally even love it but after what just happened a few short hours ago, I'm just craving solitude. 
My bags are brought into the resort.  It's picturesque and what I've grown accustomed to over the last several years—best of the best.  I check in at the reception quickly and I'm walked to my private room.  It's right on the beach—crystal clear waters are just beyond my door.  The interior is remarkable—large, comfortable living room, a decent kitchen space, a massive bed, enormous television. The decor is white with various shades of blue—very clean, very welcoming. I peek around the corner to see a matching luxurious bathroom with all the amenities. I step back into the main room to see that my bags are set down. I tip the bellhop before I'm finally left completely alone. 
I sit in my immaculate living room, lonesome and bored out of my mind.  I can't get that girl from earlier out of my head.  I would've thought I'd be heartbroken.  I kind of am but like all of my relationships, they never last.  I'm honestly not that surprised.  They all seem to want my money, the fame, the image of me that they think I am... I feel as if nobody takes the time to really get to know me.  They either grow apart from me or cheat—or both.  I feel like no sheila has ever truly loved me for me since I started acting.  I feel as if something is lacking...
I shake my head to get these depressing thoughts out of there.  It's time to move on.  I rise from the sofa and dig through my bag.  I get changed into my bathers and head out to the beach.  I'm stopped by every sheila that recognizes me.  I smile again, making small talk, go through the same spiel as earlier and rush to the water.  It's nice, relaxing even.  But I was hoping this place with the small airport was a little more... secluded than it is.  I swim a bit more before I head in. 
I decide to order some tucker to my room so I don't have to put on a facade for everyone I see when I'm just feeling down in the dumps today. I'm not in the mood after a breakup to deal with fans right now.  I have my tea alone, barely tasting anything.  It's beautiful and I'm sure delicious but I'm just feeling that depressed right now.  I start thinking back to the lovely brunette I saw just a couple of hours ago.  I don't understand how just one glimpse of her has her running through my mind...