Chapter 108-Meg

Blessing Offor—'Brighter Days'

*****Author's Note:

This is the final chapter of this story.  I have the next book completed—Who Am I. Upon editing, I will release a burst of the first several chapters.  I may just release the first at the end of this story soon, possibly tomorrow.  The next story shouldn't take me too long to edit and I'll post a notification in my "Conversations" to all followers when it's up—I'm thinking by next Friday.

Enjoy and Happy Easter!*****

Meg

As I finish cleaning the church kitchen and wash my hands once more, a song not on my playlist begins to play.  "I don't have that on my playlist," I say softly to myself. It must've hit the end of the list and now the app is playing similar songs.  I've just recently heard this song on the radio.  The song hits so close to home, the words making me want to cry.  It reminds me of what I've been feeling since he left.  I pray for him continually.  I miss him so much.  I feel the tears run down my cheeks as I stand in front of the fridge.  I wipe my eyes and turn around.
I gasp in surprise. Am I seeing things?
"Jai?" I question in a daze.
"Meg," he whispers. "I've missed you."
I frown at that. "You shaved," is all I can say.
"I'll grow it back if you want," he offers and I honestly don't know what to say. He's real and he's here. I feel a comforting caress from God as if this is okay, but that can't be right.
"Why are you here?" I ask softly.
"I believe..." he tells me taking a step closer but he bumps the cooler. "Is this an esky?"
"What?" I ask confused.
He taps it with his foot.
"We call that a cooler here," I tell him feeling the familiar sensation of teaching him American English words. Esky must be what they call it in Australia. 
"What are you doing?" he asks.
"Trying to clean out the freezer. It was a block of ice," I say motioning to it. "They couldn't use it so I'm cleaning it out... sort of. There's still a bit I can't get off."
There's a pause between us for a moment.
"Jai," I say softly. "Why are you here?" I ask again.
"Because I believe," he tells me.
"What do you believe, Jai?" I ask completely befuddled.
"I believe in Jesus," he tells me stepping around the cooler.
"What?" I croak in disbelief. He repeats what he just said. I start to cry, unable to stop.
"Don't cry, love," he says taking me in his arms. I feel him wipe my tears but I can't even see with the puddles overflowing in my eyes. He holds me for so long and I can't seem to calm down. "Do you need your inhaler, love?" he asks me pushing a few strands of my hair aside out of my face. 
"Don't let me go?" I plead clinging on to him.
"I'm not going anywhere," he says holding me tighter.
I feel a kiss to the top of my head and I'm in utter disbelief. "Am I dreaming?" I ask in awe.
"It feels like it, doesn't it?" he whispers.
I look up and I see him staring down at me as he holds me in his arms. I touch his face and he leans into my hand, closing his eyes.
"I've missed you, love," he says gently.
"I've missed you, too," I tell him. "How... how did it happen?" I ask him softly.
"Mikey told me to go to Hillsong, so I did. I met a bloke there and we talked. I read the gospels and asked him some questions. He answered all my questions until I didn't really have anymore. He prayed with me. Then, he baptized me," he shrugs.
I start to cry again.
"Not this again, love," he teases. "I thought you'd be happy. I've heard you've been crying."
"Who told you that?" I frown sniffling.
"Mikey," he replies. "He said you'd been keeping him up and I needed to get off my bum and get over here. So, I did what I could to get back to you as fast as I could."
He holds my cheeks and wipes my tears again. And then he leans in and kisses me softly. "I love you, Meg," he whispers before he kisses me again. I respond to him and I feel it, that this is right. I know that this is real and true and good. I know he believes. This is the first time in my life that a man has ever felt... right for me. I feel like this is what God has for me. I'm not just settling. God has given me the deepest desires of my heart... and that's Jai—it's always been him. 
He pashes me and I let him. His hands intertwine in my hair and I reach for his shorter hair at the back of his head. He shudders and I move my hands away. But he puts them right back where they were. I laugh into the kiss. He laughs, too. He pecks my lips and looks in my eyes.
"Mine," he whispers possessively. 
"I'm yours," I agree softly. 
And he kisses me again. I laugh lightly before I respond. I've been feeling despair for so long about us, but I knew it was in God's hands and that He had a plan. I can see the light... and it is a brighter day now.