CHAPTER ONE

Mackenzie

The alarm clock goes off on my phone. It's a loud blaring sound which makes my wolf whimper. I groan and dig my head further into the pillow to try and block the annoying sound. But it keeps on wailing just like a siren.

Before I could will myself to lift my head up and find my phone, to shut the alarm off, I feel movement behind me. Someone tilts over me, an arm reaching past my body. And then the alarm is shut off. The body settles back behind me, a strong arm wrapping around my figure.

And now I'm completely awake.

I turn under the heavy arm, looking to my mate, who's eyes are still closed. He's trying to get at least five more minutes of sleep into his system, before we have to get ready for another school day.

Elliot feels how I turn to him, his closed eyes cracking open and revealing beautiful hazel irises. I can still see the sleep that lines his face.

A lazy smile appears on his lips, as his arm pulls me closer to him.

"Morning, little wolf." This nickname has stuck to me ever since we met. It was the first thing he called me before he knew my name. And somehow, he still enjoys calling me little wolf.

"Morning." I whisper back to him. Elliot's nose is only inches away from me. He leans forward a little, to brush his nose against mine. I try to stop the smile that is fighting its way on my lips, but it still appears. How does this guy have so much power over me?

My eyes glance over to his left arm that is resting over me. His bicep is decorated with ink. I wonder when he got the tattoo and how his healing factor didn't heal it right off of his skin.

My fingers trace over the tribal tattoo, my nails lightly scraping over the black ink. Elliot shivers at my feather touch, watching my movements like a predator. I can see a wolf amongst the many lines of ink that cover his upper arm.

When I look back to his face, my eyes glue onto the side of his nose, where his silver piercing should be. But it's still not there. He hasn't put it back in ever since the fight we had. And I miss the silver nose ring, because it just feels like it's a part of Elliot.

The Moon goddess knows I would never admit this to him or even ask him to put it back in. It would give my mate another reason to tease me even more than he already does.

Elliot's hand moves from my side and to my face, pulling my blond locks away from my face. I feel electricity shoot through my whole body when his feathery touch brushes against my cheek. I wish my wolf wouldn't have so much control over me. I wish I could resist him.

Elliot props himself on his elbow, leaning down over me. His lips hover over mine, but he stops. His half-lidded hazel eyes look into my blue ones, watching me intently. He's searching for any kind of protest or discomfort, but he doesn't see anything.

So he dives into the kiss, our lips molding together. At first the kiss is soft, delicate. Like he would be testing the waters. Then his lips become needier for me.

My eyes flutter shut and my wolf purrs when Elliot kisses me more feverishly. His lips are now moving faster and rougher against mine. His body leans further over me, his hips settling between my legs. He traps me between him and the mattress, but I don't mind. I know I should, some rational part of myself is screaming at me right now, but my wolf's desires cloud my judgement.

Elliot's hand tangles into my hair, while my own arms wrap around his neck to bring him closer. I can hear a growl erupt from the back of his throat and it excites me to know how unraveled I can get him.

Then the door opens.

"Mack, I need you- Oh crap!" Elliot breaks the kiss, slightly lifting himself from me so his body isn't crushing me. Both of our heads snap to the door, noticing Jason standing in between them, frozen in place with his hand over his eyes. "Next time lock the door!" He shouts before he backs out of the room and slams the door shut behind himself.