↳ 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙖𝙡

Regret is an overwhelming emotion because no matter how hard you wish to go back in time to undo your mistake, there is no possible way for you to do it. You love your daughter to pieces but she wasn't planned. You didn't regret having her but you did regret ever getting with her father and running away from your life.

"The Zenins are a very successful family, and they're always in the eye of the media so don't embarrass us." Your step-mother says as she looks into her compact mirror to make sure her makeup is okay. "They're really doing us a favor by taking you off our hands."

You ran away at the age of 18 with your boyfriend. You never got married, but you did end up with a baby when you were 20. Now you are 25. You had to go back to your father and your stepmother because you couldn't afford to take care of yourself and your daughter. Your boyfriend left you, leaving you with so much responsibility you couldn't afford to take on. Worst part is that your daughter now asks where her father went.

"Act like a proper lady." She continues speaking, and you zone out in the backseat of the car. She had forced you to put on a corset and now you could barely breathe. It was unnecessary, but she loves seeing you in pain. You feel like the day will never come to an end, even though it has just started. "And don't speak unless you're required to. We don't want you to scare him off."

She continues to ramble, making you roll your eyes at each word. It's infuriating, and your nails dig into your palm and you chew on the inside of your cheek as you try to remind yourself that she's the woman your father chose. The woman that makes him happy. Although you hate him for it because she's always his priority. Her happiness always comes before yours which is why he's marrying you off.

But when you're married, you'll tell her off. That's a plus side of the marriage, probably the only benefit. It's suffocating in the car, and maybe she is taking all the air or maybe it's the corset that makes you feel this way. Or maybe it's the way that you're just being married off as if you have no value to keep in the family. "They know about Misaki but you better not mention her."

She finally shuts her mouth and you're so grateful for a moment. Until you realize where you're at, and a sigh escapes your lips. You wish to hear your stepmother speak again because you're convinced that's better than this.

The mansion is an European style, not one you were expecting. But she knows everything so she speaks to inform you at least. "This isn't the Zenin's main house. Their main estate is a couple hours away but they prefer for the engagement to happen around here."

"Oh... When is this engagement supposed to happen?" You ask as you see a couple different cars. Expensive and foreign cars. It was a mix, and the regular old cars stick out like a sore thumb. Your father parks.

"When do you think? Today. Everyone is here, even the photographers." She informs you. "The guy you're engaged to is a pretty big deal in the clan so it's kind of a big deal."

"Consider yourself lucky because after the engagement he'll take you back to the main Zenin state and you won't have to lift a finger." Your father speaks which doesn't ease your nerves. "For the rest of your days you and Misaki won't ever have to worry about anything."

"Jinichi Zenin, that's your future husband's name." Your stepmother finally reveals. Your father turns off the car and she's the first person to open the door and get out. Then your father does the same. You're the last one left and you feel your stomach turn, as if you're about to puke.

Your father opens your door and offers his hand to help you out of the car. You take it because without it you feel like you won't be able to get out of the car. You inhale the fresh air which you thought would help, but you're proven wrong because this air is different. This air makes everything different.