Chapter 22

Only I didn't get a lot of time to train. Just a few days after my change, I was running some errands as practice to be around humans with my heightened need for blood. I was just returning with them, and Wanda was helping me put them away, when a yellow sparkly circle appeared under my feet.

"Wanda?" I asked her and she looked down surprised.

"I am not doing that." She said before I sunk through the ground. I reappeared somewhere else entirely.

"Leona? What are you doing here?" Thor asked.

"I made her come. You'll need her." A different voice said. It was a man with a red cape and a green glowing medallion. I could sense great power within this human.

"Why would a mortal be useful? Useless creatures." A third voice asked. This one's power felt like Thor but different. Another god?

"Believe me brother, she is a force to be reckoned with." Thor answered making me realize who the third man was.

"Brother? You must be Loki then." I looked him up and down but didn't really think he was that interesting. At least, thus far. He was handsome but that's something every man I have met so far, while in this world, seems to have in common.

"Ah my reputation precedes me I see." He smirked.

"Nah, Thor talks about you but I don't see what's so impressive to make him talk the way he does." I shrugged.

"Enough. It's time for you to go now." Loki seemed annoyed at being interrupted but I was glad. I had no interest in a fight.

"Wait, why am I even here?" I asked the man.

"Because you are the Wanderer. Why else?" He answered before sending us all somewhere. We landed on grass where one person was standing on a cliff.

"Who's that?" I asked pulling the men's attention to the person on the cliff.

"Our father, Odin. He's dying as we speak. Wait here." Thor explained shortly. They went to the person. I got just a bit closer, but still stayed at a respectful distance.

"Let the child come closer. It would be my honor to share my last moments with the Wanderer." The old god spoke. I got closer not quite sure how to behave.

"Gaia spoke of your impressive results. She was wrong to pull the shield away from her sword. I see great sadness in you which stops you from reaching full potential. Don't worry about it much longer, child. You will meet him again when you need him most." That made my heart swell with hope.

"Go and be at peace, Odin. Your people will be under my protection as long as needed." I vowed without really intending to say it.

"Thank you. That eases my mind." Then he said his goodbyes to Loki and Thor before fading out of this world. With his death, a great threat came.

"Leona be ready. Our sister is coming, and she'll not be happy to see us. Father locked her away because of her bloodthirst. His death unlocked her prison." Ugh. Another sibling fight.

"Is it too late to stay out of this? I don't enjoy sibling fights after the ones I had myself." I asked but already knew the answer.

"You made a vow to our father. So, no." Thor replied

"Damn it." A portal of sorts opened. The two brothers shared a look and took on their original outfits with Thor's umbrella turning into Mjolnir. That was a clever disguise.

I just clapped my hands together and my cloak was wrapped around me. Huh... neat. Out of the portal a woman came looking like...Loki.

"Are you sure Loki is the adopted sibling? He looks more like he is her brother than you do." I commented.

"So, he is gone. A shame, I would've loved to have seen that." The woman spoke up.

"I am Thor, Son of Odin." Thor introduced himself. 

"Really? You look nothing like him." That was kind of true. I still wonder who is truly the adopted brother.

"Perhaps we can come to an arrangement?" Loki asked.

"You sound like him." She reacted to that. "Kneel." 

"Beg your pardon?" She showed her sword/dagger. Then demanded for us to kneel again, claiming she was the new queen.

"Nah I hate getting grass-stains out of my clothes." Was my first reaction. Thor threw Mjolnir in attack. She stopped the hammer with one hand and held it back.

"That's not possible!" Thor reacted as she held the hammer away from her face.

"Darling, you have no idea what's possible." She said before destroying the hammer.

"Congrats, you broke some stone. I can do that without being dramatic about it." I lowered myself to be able to touch the ground.

"Ha, your sassy child knows when to pick a fight." I smirked. Clearly, she didn't know who I was. I made the ground underneath her turn into sand and spread it apart to make her sink until only her head stuck out of it. Then I changed it back into solid stone.

"Hela Odinsdottir, hereby you are declared a threat to the balance of this world. Therefore I, the Wanderer shall see to it you are destroyed." A different voice spoke from my mouth again, like when I made that vow to Odin.

She disappeared from the hole and reappeared standing in front of me. "Say that again." She sounded calm as she stabbed me.

"Leona!" Thor yelled. I simply chuckled. 

"Sweetie, I am not killed that easily. Not this time." I pushed her away and off the cliff as hard as I could, before taking the dagger out.

Hela returned on the cliff and transformed. Thor pulled me back while Loki yelled for whoever to send us back. Scaredy cat out of the three it seems. We were pulled up by this beam of colors. But Hela simply followed. I wondered where we were going when Loki first got kicked out of the beam and I was next. Well, shit. I was launched and apparently traveled through space.

I was glad to be more vampiric than human now so I was able to stay conscious but eventually I was pulled in by gravity from some planet. it made me crash like a meteorite, and that's when I fainted. I'm sorry Thor. I hope you're okay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now that Leona has joined Thor to protect the people of Asgard and perhaps the other realms as well, what will her presence change compared to what happened originally?

Let me know what you think and have a nice week!!