Chapter 4

Looking at the two men, I snorted. "Won't exist." I said.

"What do you mean?" Dr Banner asked.

"You wish to find records on me. They won't exist. This is not the same earth as where I'm from." I answered. 

"Fascinating. Do you know who we were fighting in New York?" Mr Stark asked.

"Creatures." don't know if their race had a name.

"Aliens actually. Does the name Loki ring a bell?" Was Norse mythology getting involved now?

"Norse God." I answered.

"Yes, well he was leading the army of aliens wanting to conquer earth. We kept that from happening. You helped too I suppose. Why did you?"Dr Banner asked.

"Habit, sir." I answered.

"Tony, Fury wants to speak with you." The red-headed woman I saw in the fight came walking in.

"Thanks, Romanoff. Oh meet Leona. Our mysterious help." Tony said before walking out of the room.

"Hello." She spoke shortly. Tony had left, she stayed.

"Thank you for helping us, Leona. Oh we found this bag by the way. It contains clothes and some book. Is it yours? The same energy you released was traced to it." She held the bag Delphine had given me.

"Yes, that is mine. Can I have it please, ma'am?" I asked politely while reaching for it.

"Here you go." She gave it. Immediately I checked it's contents not knowing what Delphine had put in it. Clothes, my cloak for some reason, and my artbook. I got changed into the jeans and t-shirt.

"Ahem... how about I give you some privacy?" Dr Banner suggested.

"Sorry. I kind of lost any sense of shame that changing in front of people can bring, after my squad's medic had to help me take care of some snake-bite on the back of my thigh." The memory brought a bit of sadness up.

"You were in the army?" Miss Romanoff asked. Her face didn't betray her train of thought.

"Yes, ma'am." I answered politely.

"Where did you serve?" Would she try to find information about me in that way?

"Middle-east." Finer details weren't important now.

"How old are you?" She asked next.

"24, ma'am." I woke up as a vampire before I could turn 25.

"Do we exist in your world?" Dr Banner asked.

"No sir. Not in real life. Only in stories and such. I never read them though." I think some of the younger wolves had a few of those.

"Fury, our boss will want to meet with you. Do you have a home here?" Romanoff said.

"No ma'am. That battle was the first moment I arrived in your world." I answered honestly.

"Jarvis, can you check if there are any rooms free in case Fury decides Leona is no threat?" 

"Yes, miss Romanoff. There is one room on the floor with captain Rogers, you and mr Barton left. Wish for me to prepare it for our future guest?" The AI asked Romanoff.

"Yes please. Thank you." So the AI reacted to anyone like a butler would.

"Well then if you are up for it, please follow me to meet Fury." Romanoff said. I gestured for her to lead the way. As soon as we were out of the room though, we were surrounded by armed guards and I was cuffed. Stiffening up, I frowned.

"Just a precaution. We don't know you enough yet to trust you without." She explained seeing how I acted. I decided to cooperate, understanding their reasons. We walked following her to an elevator and we went down. When we stepped out I was brought to what I thought to be an interrogation room. I was cuffed to the table and told to wait. At some point, a black man came followed by a brunette woman. The man had an eyepatch. His whole presence made me feel I had to obey for some odd reason.

"Your name is Leona." He read from a form.

"Yes sir."

"You are 24 years old?" This was a check, if I would be sticking to what I told the other humans, I think.

"Yes sir."

"What is your species?" Ah the real questions would begin now.

"Vampire-human hybrid, sir."

"You claim you are not from this earth. How did you get here?"

"Magic, sir." It wasn't a lie.

The energy you released and used to repair the city's damages, what was that?" He asked next. This female was writing down my answers.

"Look at my hands, what do you see?" I put my hands on the table showing them the circles. At first they were startled I was free from the cuffs but dropped it soon.

"Tattoos." He wasn't impressed. he doesn't have to be.

"They used to be just that yes but now they are part of me. These are alchemy circles. To make and break apart. Would you like a demonstration?" I explained.

"Please do." 

"May I borrow a... shoe?" a guard was made to take his shoes off. I wrinkled my nose at the smell. He put the shoes on the table.

"These shoes are made of leather, wood, nylon and metal yes?" I asked to check if I had sensed it correctly.

"Yes." The female answered.

"What I can do, is this." I showed them breaking the shoes apart to separate the components and used both hands to make the shoes into whips, then purses and then I returned them back into their original state.

"The thing is my gift is only intended to defend those in need of it. If I use it otherwise like during this demonstration, my energy gets drained faster and I need to feed sooner." I explained.

"Feed on blood?" They were slowly starting to understand.

"Yes ma'am. I can eat human food like you all do, but need blood if drained from using my gift. More so when I use it outside battles." I answered.

"Rumlow, watch her. Romanoff, Hill, with me." The two women followed the man out of the room. It wasn't long after, that Rumlow and his men attacked. I used my speed and strength to knock them out without hurting them otherwise. Then I sat back down and waited. 

Mr Fury returned with the women. They weren't surprised at what happened. So they saw. The probably wanted to see what I would do in such a situation. "Did I pass your test, sir?" I asked

"Yes you did." Somehow that made me a little relieved.

"Force of habit, sir. I find comfort in it until I'm more comfortable in this world." A look of understanding flashed through his eye.

"Anyway, we will not be imprisoning you but you are to be kept an eye on therefore, you are to stay in this building. Romanoff is responsible for you unless she is out on missions. Then it is Barton. If both are gone, it's whoever they appoint." He said. "So unless you want them in trouble, I suggest you behave." He left just like that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally Leona gets a bit more freedom. Now she just needs to prove she has no bad intentions and maybe she can go out and be helpful.

I saw this story has passed the 140 views. That makes me happy to see so many people have some interest in it. Thank you.

Let me know what you think and have a nice week!!