Chapter 8

- OBELIA'S ROSE, CHAPTER EIGHT, BY VIICERENE

I THOUGHT FOR A MOMENT. When would I get another chance to do this to daddy? I could feel my body get hotter and hotter as I thought about the things I could do to hurt daddy. I don't think that I would be able to hit him again after this... Hehe. But... The time is now. For what he did to me at the lake...

You have to take a punch. 

But then, a hand stopped me.

It was (Y/n). It was just then that daddy opened his eyes and looked at the both of us. She guided my hands down in hopes that I know a lullaby so that he would be able to sleep without killing the both of us because we woke him up... But then again, it was my fault. I slipped the chocolate in my sleeve and it landed on daddy's head.

"S... Sleep tight." I said. What on earth am I doing? "T...The moon smiles down on you. Goodbye to the day. The baby smiles down on the starts too. Tomorrow will bring a brighter morrow..." I finished, patting him so he would sleep once again.

But daddy didn't look like he was about to sleep. Then again... What did my face look like when my arms were up? I could feel my body radiating a sacred aura. "What song was that?" Daddy asked me. "A song to say bye-bye to bad dreams," I said. Wow, this dude doesn't even know what a lullaby is? I bet everyone in the empire knows about a lullaby.

---
(Y/N)'S POV
---

Dad doesn't know about a lullaby... Because grandma died when he was young. Nobody was able to sing him a lullaby when he was younger. Makes sense, even the empress didn't sing him a lullaby. Daddy was mistreated when he was younger and grandma was weak.

Me and Athanasia tried turning our frowns upside down. "Good Morning Daddy! Good Morning Papa!" We said happily. He then stayed silent for a moment. "It's not morning." He said while standing up. "Then, good evening!" Me and Athanasia said. "Did Felix send you in?" He asked us. He looked tired as he fixed his hair. I just nodded.

He sighed for a moment. "I should tell them to prepare dinner here." He said. I looked at Athanasia who was averting her eyes. She's quite scared of papa, isn't she? She kept cursing him when we were babies and we were reading the book of the Obelian Tree.

--- SKIP

Sparkly food was sitting at the table in front of us. Daddy then looked at us. "From your expression, I can tell you've been well." He said why eyeing Athanasia. Looks like he knew she was sick. "Papa is prettier too!" Athanasia said with a big smile. I then looked at daddy silently. "(Y/n), I can also tell you've been outside a lot when Athanasia was sick." Daddy said. 

Oh. Did he know? Makes sense, daddy was looking at me through his office and where I was playing was right outside his office window. Maybe even the scent of flowers is still lying on my skin. "Now, let's eat. I've made them prepare things you would like." Daddy said to me and Athanasia.

"Thank you for the food." Me and Athanasia said. She was struggling to cut the meat, while I held a victorious face. Lily taught me how to cut meat with that knife. 

--- SKIP

"Now, Princess. Put it on top of the thing you're going to cut, and move the knife back and forth." Lily demonstrated. The meat she cooked wasn't that hard, it was just perfect. She gave me the small knife and I did what she told me. 

Well, the first few times, it was hard. Later on, I got the hang of it. But something snapped me out of my thoughts.

--- SKIP

The knife was going to fly down on Athanasia while daddy just sat there with an unamused expression. "You need to learn some more etiquette. I'll send someone to your palace tomorrow." He said to Athanasia. Inside, I was laughing because Athy didn't pay attention to Lily's little class earlier. 

I then turned my head to look at Athanasia and she was scared, holding her hands up to her chest as she was just thinking about what just happened. Daddy then looked at the both of us again. "Those you have been learning from have no class, so it's time you receive proper lessons." Daddy said. 

Hold up, did he say 'no class'? That was straight-up rude to the maids! I know they're not the noblest of the noblest, but they are still nobles! I then smiled a little bit to cover up my madness. "Me and Athy will do her best, daddy/papa!" We said to daddy.

But he looked like he was staring at something, what is it? Gears were clicking in my mind while I finally realized what he was staring at. It's Athanasia. Can she swallow her food? Oh god. She must be scared inside!

--- SKIP

I was sleeping in my bedroom in daddy's palace, looking at the north star. I bet Athanasia is looking at it too because I told her to look at it whenever we're apart. I then changed my position in the bed and hugged my purple pillow. A song should be playing by now because I remember telling daddy I loved music.

He said... That he would bring a magician to my room so they can play music. It's 9:00 PM at the moment, and it's going to play now.

--- SKIP

In a certain room in the palace, an emperor and a guard sat. The guard saw the similarities of the late Lady Diana, the mother of his children, the supposed and unofficial empress of his empire, and The two Crown Princesses that were born to his name. But (Y/n), the second-born, looked more like Diana.

Athanasia, the first born of Claude, looked more like him. She acted like him, and had a circular face that resembled Claude's face when he was younger, and both had baby faces and those jeweled eyes.

"The Lady Diana is truly a mesmerizing lady, and can truly leave a lasting expression on anyone." Felix said to Claude. He laughed, "Another year longer, I could have forgotten that wench's face and everything." The emperor said to his knight, as almost all of the memories of his bride was wiped away by dark magic.

"Did you enjoy your meal with Princess (Y/n) and Princess Athanasia?" Felix asked. "Isn't Princess (Y/n) a Lovely Princess?" Felix continued with a frown, remembering about his encounter with Diana. "Lovely," Claude said as if he was going to say something else. "I lost such emotions a long time ago." He said.

But the thing was, he was glancing at a certain painting on the floor. It was the painting of his supposed fiance, Penelope Judith, the first cousin once removed of 10-year-old Ijikiel Alpheus of the Alpheus Duchy. "Leave me, I feel tired," Claude said as he stood up. 

Felix could only say one phrase, so he wouldn't upset the cold emperor he serves. "...Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire." He said while exiting.

---
Felix's POV
---

Though he may say such harsh words to everyone... But I am certain he has a space in his heart for the princesses.

Soon, they will shine in that bright light too.

---------

Hi, my loves! Most of you come from America and Philippines!! 
Obelia's Rose finally reached a whopping twenty-one thousand viewers!
Thank you very much. :)