Chapter 27

OBELIA'S ROSE, CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN, BY VIICERENE.

IT WAS NOT THE THIRD SONG, everyone was clapping at Athanasia and Ijekiel. This is the last dance, where it is danced together by every girl having their debut this year. Looking at Athanasia, she was biting her glove.

 "Athanasia, don't bite your gloves!" I frowned at her. She was looking at the dark corner on the second floor.

Daddy patted Athanasia, gesturing for her to go dance with the other noble girls that were already preparing for the dance.

 "Go ahead." Daddy said to her. With a smile, I walked away into the crowd, hearing what Athanasia said.

"Daddy, thank you for being here with me today. Thanks to you, I'm going to remember this as a happy day." 

Finally. Athanasia's true feelings about daddy. Though even if daddy doesn't see me and Athanasia as his daughters by flesh and blood because of Jennette, he is still our father.

He was the first father we've ever had, and I've loved every moment of it. Nine years. Nine years it was, that's how many years we've experienced it. 

He could only reach out to Athanasia who was already searching the bottom half of the crowd. 

---

"Ah, That beautiful wisteria flower looks good on you, Lady Aubrey." I smiled at her. The other girls then turned their heads to look at me.

"Thank you for gracing all of us with your presence, Princess." She greeted. All of them seem surprised that I, the princess, came to talk with them. Please, equality.

Now, we were dancing to the rhythm. It surely was an easy one to follow, we practiced this with Madam Pompidou. "The ribbon on your waist is coming undone, Princess."

I turned my head and saw one of the 'Princesses' of the Clover Kingdom, Acier. Let's say that the Clover Kingdom has a lot of enemies, and surrounding the four kingdoms is our empire.

The four kingdoms are the Clover, the Heart, Diamond, and Spade. We do have a good relationship with them though. We give them golds and others, while they give us mages. And in the middle of it all, is technically our territory that we allow them to go through.

"Oh, there's no need, I'll just find a maid that can tie it for me." I smiled at her.

She held my hand tightly, gesturing for me and her to drink some juices over at the aisle. I nodded, following her as she pulled me to it.

---

"Princess, may I have this dance?" I halted. I looked up at the man... Solid Silva. "This is the first time I've introduced myself to you, Princess." He smiled bitterly, taking my hand and kissing it gently. "I am( Y/n) de Alger Obelia. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." I smiled at Solid. It was a sad one. 

His mother was dead. The one I saw was a ghost, and perhaps a part of her soul. This is quite common here in our empire. We have mages for that. 

PLOOP

"Ah! I'm sor-" "It's alright, Princess." He smiled. A deep red blush covered my cheeks as he said it. How embarrassing! I know these heels are a pain, but I can bear it!

Unlike those whose feet are burning in pain. "Don't worry. This happened before. I don't feel a thing." He said, guiding me around the ballroom. 

Am I dancing with the so-called prince that threw his sister away with his siblings? I hope her future is brighter soon. Blessings upon the Clover Kingdom.

"If you can't feel anything, can you please pretend that such a thing didn't happen?" I asked him. All the nobles were in awe once again. Just like how I danced with Lucas.

"I will follow your command, Princess." He said. Yeah, following my commands are the best. Punishment for throwing a person that was related to you by blood and flesh.

 But... See? If we beautifully parted ways without you asking me to dance, then your feet wouldn't be sore and it wouldn't have a bruise later on!

Solid looked down at me. "I heard His Imperial Majesty cares for the Imperial Princess dearly," He smiled. Yeah, he doesn't have a mother and a father. "It seems that His Majesty's love for the Princesses is immeasurable." He tried to ignore something.

What is it? "My back hurts much more than the feet you stepped on, Princess." He said.

I looked to the side and saw a separation in the crowd. DADDY!? He was glaring at Solid! A glare with the Obelian Jeweled eyes is a hundred times worse! It's even glowing! Gah!

 "Oh, Princess. It seems His Majesty is not pleased with someone else holding his precious princess's hand." Solid said. No way.

"Oh dear, it must merely mean that you have piqued my father's interest since Lord Silva speaks of you when he was still here." I smiled at him.

He sweatdropped. "I, too, have heard of how beautiful the Princesses are. Like your beautiful little jeweled eyes with a tint of ruby. Her Highness is also known for her brilliant wits,"

"So I have been looking forward to meeting you as well during your debut." He said. We are still dancing and I bet daddy has a passion to kill him right on the spot, and his ultimate death would come around.

"You are certainly the image people speak of. I, myself, am finding it hard to believe that I am finally meeting the famous son of the Silva Family." 

I said as we glided. He's acting like he's so innocent. I see the depth of his anger in his eyes. And he certainly knows that I'm a princess of a powerful empire, and I know it's not sincere. 

Everyone's now clapping as he kisses the back of my hand. "It was an honor to spend your time on this special day with you, Princess." He smiled.

 Oh. Too many people are staring at us right now. This is embarrassing for me! "I'll look forward to our next encounter, Duchess." He smiled at me. 

He looked up to me and bowed deeply. "Thank you." His eyes softened at you. "Blessings and Glory upon the second star of the Obelian Empire, Lady (Y/n)."