Eleven

Demi

Liked by matthew_scott_montgomery, iamkittens and 9,152,416 others ddlovato Happy due date Baby Beckham 👶🏽 Mommy and Daddy are so ready to meet you Little Rainbow 🌈 @obj View all 2,815,572 commentsjillpowellglam Can't wait to meet you little Be...

ddlovato Happy due date Baby Beckham 👶🏽 Mommy and Daddy are so ready to meet you Little Rainbow 🌈 @obj
View all 2,815,572 comments
jillpowellglam Can't wait to meet you little Beckham❤️
maddelagarza 💗💙

At 09:34, just over an hour after I posted to Instagram, I felt my very first contraction which at first I thought was just a Braxton Hicks contraction because I've been having them for the last week. The pain started off in my lower stomach but gradually travelled around to my back. They started off at 22 minutes apart and are currently 14, just 5 hours later. The contractions are only lasting for around 30 seconds but the pain is slowly becoming unbearable. I feel like my back is being ripped in half.

"You're doing good, Angel" Odell's hand caressed my back as I leant forward slightly, taking deep breaths as I waited for the contraction to pass before I began to walk around the backyard again. "That was 45 seconds, Baby" I nodded, gripping his hand as he walked beside me, timing how long it was before I had another contraction.

"Fuck" I groaned, hunching forward as I gripped my stomach. There were tears burning at the backs of my eyes from the pain. "Shit, Odell" it was once the pain subsided that I realised there was fluid dribbling down my leg. "I-I think my water's just broke" Odell glanced down at the floor, caressing the side of my face as I glanced to him.

"I think it has, Dem" his lips twitched slightly at the corners. I couldn't help but to laugh at the excitement on his face.

"Help-Help me to get changed and then we can head to the hospital because I can feel another contraction already" I bit down on my lip as I leant my head against Odell's chest, standing there until the pain subsided. He was lightly massaging my lower back, the touch helped ever so slightly.

It took a while for me to change due to the contractions I was having nearly every 6 minutes but Odell was a major help. I thought he'd be a panicky mess but he seems quite calm. We headed to the hospital as soon as I was dressed, the car seat in the back made a smile form on my face. I can't help but to feel slightly excited. We're finally going to meet our baby.

Odell kept up with the words of encouragement as we drove to the hospital. He gave me his hand to squeeze which I was grateful for. I tried to keep my cries to a minimum but the closer we got to the hospital, the worse the pains became. I was thankful when I saw the hospital in the distance and Odell pulled into the parking lot of the maternity department. Walking into the hospital really helped with my contractions, they weren't as painful as when I was sitting down. I paced around the labour suite until Dr Jones stepped into the room.

"Hi Demi. How are we?"

"In pain" she flashed me a light smile.

"When did your contractions start, Honey?" I clutched onto the bed and hunched forward as a contraction started. Odell stood just behind me, his hands massaging my back.

"They started at around 9:30 this morning" I was thankful that Odell spoke for me because I couldn't force anything out of my mouth because of the pain.

"And how far apart are they?"

"5 minutes" the pain eventually subsided and I leant back into Odell as his hands caressed my belly.

"Have your water's broke at all?" I bit down on my lip as I nodded. "I'm really sorry to ask you this but are you okay to lie on the bed so I can check your cervix?" I pulled away from Odell and nodded. I whimpered as I lowered myself onto the bed, the pain was completely unbearable. I tightly clutched onto Odell's hand as I tried to hold in my cries of agony. "I'm so sorry, Honey" I choked on a sob as Dr Jones checked my dilation. "8 centimetres. I don't think it's going to be long before we're meeting baby" as soon as she had moved away from me, I moved off the bed. "Does it hurt to lie on your back, Demi?" I nodded as Odell massaged my back. "When it is time to have baby, you get in any position you find comfortable, okay? I'll come back in half an hour to check on you but if you need anything just give us a buzz."

"Thank you, Dr Jones" Odell pressed a kiss to my neck as I leant against him, my hands clutching at his sides. "You're doing so good, Angel. I'm so proud of you. We're so close to meeting our little rainbow, Dem" a smile formed on my face. I cried out at a contraction, my arms wrapping around Odell's neck. I glanced up at him as he combed a piece of hair behind my ear. "I love you so fucking much."

"I love you too" I was breathless as the contraction ended but it was very closely followed by another. It eventually became too painful to stand so I slid onto the bed. Being on my back was agony so I managed to move onto my front. I clutched the pillow as Odell rubbed my back. The contractions were now on top of each other and I could feel the need to push. There was also a burning sensation between my legs. Before I could even say anything about it though, Dr Jones stepped back into the room.

"How are we doing in here, Demi?"

"I need to push" Odell's hand continued to massage my back.

"Lets have a look then" I began to take deep breaths as I kept my grip tight on the pillow. "Are you comfy how you are, Honey?" I breathlessly nodded. "Okay, Sweetie. That's really good because I can see baby's head" my eyes widened as I glanced up at Odell who was trying his hardest not to smile too wide. I nuzzled my face back into the pillow as I choked on a sob, a wave of fear suddenly hit me.

"I-I don't think I can do this."

——

It's BABY time ❤️