Thirty Three

Demi

"I'm okay, Odell" I kept my arm around his neck as he helped me into my leggings. I couldn't help but to lightly smile as I slid my fingers through his curls. "I love you" I pressed a kiss to the top of his head. "Are you okay?" I questioned after I didn't receive a reply from him. He moved away from me once I'd took a seat on the edge of the bed. Odell hasn't actually spoke since Lucy left. He took a seat on the chair and glanced down at his hands. "Baby?" he glanced up to meet my gaze, his eyes welled up with tears.

"I feel guilty" my eyebrows scrunched together.

"Why?"

"We-We couldn't have handled twins, not with Olive" I lightly caressed his jaw. "I'm sorry. I didn't want you to lose the baby, it-it's just..." I shook my head as I moved myself onto his lap. I cuddled my face into his neck as he wrapped his arms around me, lightly caressing my thigh. "What kind of guy wants their wife to...?" he shook his head.

"I feel guilty for the same reason. I was only ever expecting one baby and I'm so relieved that I have one healthy baby" I pressed a soft kiss to his neck. "You don't need to apologise. So far, we have a healthy baby and we need to focus on that" I removed my face from his neck and I combed my fingers through his curls until he glanced to meet my gaze. "I still feel this ache in my chest though" he slid his hand along my cheek as I pressed my hand to my chest. Odell pressed his hand to my stomach as he kissed my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too, Angel, and our baby" I pecked his lips.

We were allowed to head home after I'd signed some papers but I couldn't shift the guilt that I felt for feeling relieved. I played with Odell's fingers as he drove, just the radio playing quietly through the car. I felt full but empty at the same time, it was a strange feeling to have. I didn't climb from the car once Odell pulled into the driveway. I just silently stared at the garage door.

"You okay, Baby?"

"What if we lose the baby that's okay?" he cupped my chin in his hand and turned me to face him.

"We'll get through it together, okay? I can't promise that it won't happen but we've just got to remain hopeful" I nodded, lightly smiling as he leant to kiss me. "I love you so much."

"I love you too" we eventually slid from the car. Batman ran at us as we stepped into the house, beginning to jump at my legs. There was a light giggle that traveled into the room and then Olive appeared in the doorway to the living room. She was on her hands and knees, slowly crawling towards us. "You're crawling" I clamped my hands over my mouth to contain my squeal as tears burnt at the back of my eyes. I glanced back at Odell who had a wide smile on his face. "You've not done that before" I crouched to pick her up as she moved onto her butt in front of me. "You're growing up too quickly, Livi" I pressed a kiss to her cheek as she babbled, cradling her against my hip.

"You're so talented, Olive" Odell cooed as he caressed the back of her head. She continued to babble, holding up her hand. She giggled as Odell kissed her palm. Odell took Olive as she leant into him, resting her head on his shoulder. I smiled at them and then turned to walk into the living room. Heather glanced over at us and flashed me a light smile.

"Hi Sweetheart" I nodded as I took a seat beside her.

"Hi. We have a photo of baby if you want to see it?" her smile widened slightly as she nodded. I pulled the envelope from my pocket and passed it to Heather. "I have an appointment in two weeks to see what happens with the second sac" she nodded as she pulled the ultrasound out. Odell took a seat on the arm of the couch and gently handed me Olive.

"They're so tiny. Everything was okay with them?" Olive cuddled herself into my chest.

"Yeah, and if the second sac doesn't develop, it shouldn't effect them. I just feel guilty for being relieved that one of the babies is okay" I glanced down at Olive as she began to play with my necklace. I slid my finger down the side of her face.

"You don't need to feel guilty, Honey" she stroked a strand of hair behind my ear. "She didn't nap. She's probably tired" I nodded, leaning to kiss Olive's temple.

"You mind if I take her upstairs?" they both shook their heads. I pushed myself to stand, keeping Olive cradled to my chest. "Thank you for everything, Heather."

"Take care, Sweetheart. You know I'm here if you need me" I then turned to Odell who I leant to kiss.

"I'm gonna head up for a nap too, is that okay?"

"That's fine, Baby" I flashed him a light smile and then headed upstairs. I walked into the master bedroom, organising the pillows on the bed so that Olive wouldn't roll out of bed. I relaxed back against the headboard, lifting up my shirt and removing my bra. I lightly played with her curls as she latched onto my breast. I relaxed back with Olive until she fell asleep, her hand clutching my shirt. I managed to move her onto the bed beside me, my eyes landing on the jar on the nightstand. I reached for it, unscrewed the lid and pulled out a blue slip of paper. A favourite memory. Watching Olive come into the world. I was amazed by you. I glanced to Olive, tears burning the backs of my eyes. I put the jar back onto the nightstand and slid my hand along my stomach.

"Hold on, Baby, okay?" I pressed a kiss to my fingers and then pressed them against my belly. "Momma loves you, Little Bean" I relaxed back into the pillows, it not long later that I ended up dropping to sleep.

ddlovato Instastory

Demi Lovato shares a new rare photo of daughter

Just 3 months after announcing that she had given birth to her second daughter in April, singer and actress, Demi Lovato, shared a new snap of the 7 month old to her Instagram story.

——