Forty One

Demi

Olive was stood up in her crib as Odell and I stepped into her nursery the next morning. A wide smile spread across her face as she began to bounce on her legs.

"Happy birthday, Princess" she giggled, falling back down onto her butt. She held her arms up as I got closer to her. I lifted her onto my hip and Odell pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"You're one today, Baby" she stared at Odell's finger and then she reached out to grab it. "Can you say one, Livi?" she blew raspberries as she blankly stared at Odell. "Close enough" I softly laughed as he joked. Olive's gorgeous brown eyes twinkled in the dim sunlight from the gap in her curtain.

"You can say one, Olive" I pressed a kiss to her forehead as she cuddled into me. "Shall we have some cuddles whilst daddy sorts your breakfast?" I delicately played with her curls. She babbled back her reply. "I think that's her agreeing" my lips twitched into a smirk as I glanced to Odell.

"You're lucky I love you both" I bit down on my lip and lightly laughed. He pressed a soft kiss to my temple. Odell left the bedroom as I settled Olive on my lap. I haven't been producing milk for the last couple of weeks so we now just cuddle. I did express milk which is in the freezer that she has before she takes a nap or goes to bed for the night. It sucks that my breastfeeding journey has ended with Olive, I didn't expect it to end so soon really. We stayed up in her nursery until she woke up a little more and she became her giggly and chatty little self. I carried her downstairs where she suddenly insisted on walking, she squirmed on my hip and began to whine. I lowered her to the floor, smiling to myself as she slowly toddled towards the kitchen.

"You're too independent, Olive Iris" she began to babble. She squealed, dropping onto her butt as Batman ran up to her. I turned to Odell who was cutting up a toasted waffle. "You want some breakfast, Livi?" she lifted her eyes off Batman who was gently jumping all over her.

"Mama oh" she held her arm out and began to wave.

"Shall we get you in your high chair, Beautiful?"

-

Olive squealed as Madison stepped into the living room with her new boyfriend, Ryan behind her. We've only met him a handful of times but he already seems so sweet and he's incredible with Olive. She adores him already.

"Hi Ollie Moo" she giggled as she toddled past Madison and she collapsed against Ryan's legs. "How's it feel to be my nieces favourite?" he softly laughed as did everyone else at Madison's grumble. Ryan lifted Olive up and onto his hip.

"It feels pretty good" his lips twitched into a smirk. "Happy first birthday, Olive" she giggled as she pressed her hand to his lips, her eyes watching him with such an intensity. Olive kept herself attached to Ryan until I encouraged her to come and open some of her gifts. She dropped herself onto my lap as I sat on the floor beside Odell. It's becoming harder for her to settle in my lap due to my growing belly being in the way but I'm going to savour the moments where she still can.

It took over an hour to open only half of her gifts. It got to the point where we had to take a break. My back had seized up from being on the floor for so long and it was obvious that Olive was starting to get bored of it. She sat in the middle of the living room, surrounded by everyone as she chewed on her teething ring, completely uninterested in the rest of her presents that were pushed up against the wall.

"Livi, you want some cake?" a smile twitched onto her face as she glanced back at Odell who was knelt beside me. She hasn't had cake before. "Let's go, Beautiful" she giggled as she pushed herself to stand and she followed behind Odell. Dallas helped me to stand and I flashed her a grateful smile as I walked towards the kitchen, lightly rubbing my back. Odell had got Olive settled in her highchair and was currently grabbing the cake from the refrigerator. Olive chewed on her fingers, giggling as everyone began to sing to her. She squealed as we sang her name and Odell lowered her cake onto the tray in front of her. Her little eyes filled with intrigue as she glanced around us all. She seemed hesitant to touch the cake as she softly poked it, her little eyes glancing up at me. "Eat it, Baby" she squealed as Odell dipped his finger through the pink frosting and then tapped it on her nose.

"What did daddy do, Baby?" he wiped his finger softly along her bottom lip. Her eyes widened as she licked off the frosting. The look made everyone laugh. She glanced back down at the cake and then pressed her hand against it. Odell moved to stand behind me, his arms circled around my waist.

"I can't believe she's one" I mumbled, tears burning the backs of my eyes as I watched Olive press her mouth to the cake.

"Does it make you think about Iona?"

"It kinda does" I nodded, turning to face him. "We have such a beautiful daughter and we have such a beautiful angel and we're about to have another beautiful baby" I commented, sliding my finger along his jaw as he settled his hand onto my bump as baby boy kicked. "I love you so much. I love you all so much" he nodded as he leant to kiss me.

"We all love you too, Gorgeous" I pressed myself into Odell's side, turning to Olive who seemed to be enjoying her cake.

Liked by matthew_scott_montgomery, iamkittens and 8,615,726 othersddlovato Happy 1st Birthday Baby B 💗 How are you already ONE? 😭 For your momma's sake princess, please stop growing so fast 🙏🏼🥺❤️ View all 2,916,451 commentstheoneandonlydallas...

ddlovato Happy 1st Birthday Baby B 💗 How are you already ONE? 😭 For your momma's sake princess, please stop growing so fast 🙏🏼🥺❤️
View all 2,916,451 comments
theoneandonlydallaslovato Happy birthday beautiful 🎂
jillpowellglam Happy first birthday sweet girl ❤️❤️

Liked by heathervonnorman, maddelagarza and 1,137,526 others
obj One whole year of loving you, my Princess 👶🏽❤️
View all 816,582 comments
ddlovato 😭😭😭
victorcruz Happy birthday Little Beckham 🎁🎊

Demi Lovato's sweet post for daughter's first birthday

Lovato, 28, and husband, Odell Beckham Jr, 28, posted a sweet photo to Instagram for their daughter's first birthday. The youngster who's name is still unknown turned 1 yesterday. Fans were convinced that Lovato's daughter's name was Valentine but a statement from a spokesperson close to the family, denied those rumours.

——