Thirty Seven

Demi

Odell went into surgery a week after we got home. It was successful and Odell was feeling a little more optimistic. His aim was to build up his strength to rejoin the football season in September. His physio therapist was hopeful and he'd already started to show progress in a matter of days.

It was difficult taking care of Olive without Odell's help but he kept her occupied when I was busy with housework. We worked well as a team even with him on bed rest. If I needed anything, our families and friends were always happy to help. Olive had suddenly become very confident with walking and we had to constantly have an eye on her. She loved to explore it seemed and we had to move anything breakable out of her reach. She also enjoys walking around the garden and suddenly loves sniffing the flowers. I feel like she's gonna be a girl who loves nature and wildlife.

We didn't do anything special for Valentine's Day as we had Olive and Odell was still recovering from his surgery. We ordered in and spent the day together. Olive enjoyed the cuddles that she got all day. I still couldn't bring myself to get aroused and I got myself to realise that it wouldn't happen if I stressed about it, so I tried to not let it get to me. We can be intimate without having sex.

Liked by jillpowellglam, matthew_scott_montgomery and 8,517,472 othersddlovato Other than my incredible husband @obj 👩🏻‍❤️‍👨🏾 This beauty is my favourite Valentine 💗👶🏽🦋View all 2,715,462 commentsdiannadelagarza My beautiful granddaughter �...

ddlovato Other than my incredible husband @obj 👩🏻‍❤️‍👨🏾 This beauty is my favourite Valentine 💗👶🏽🦋
View all 2,715,462 comments
diannadelagarza My beautiful granddaughter 🥺
obj My girls for life, no lie ❤️👶🏽

Has Demi Lovato revealed daughter's name?

Fans are convinced Lovato's daughter is named Valentine after a sweet post on the stars Instagram for Valentine's Day. The image which was posted to Instagram was of Lovato's second daughter who the songstress shares with husband Odell Beckham Jr.

Odell and I found the article about Olive's apparent name amusing and I thought I could continue to tease it in other Instagram posts. I don't have any plans to announce Olive's name. Her face has been posted in the media when we're caught out in public even though I have something in place where they have to blur it out, some people manage to slip through the net. It's frustrating but I know it'll happen.

A couple days after Valentine's Day we had our 20 week check up appointment. Dr Jones was happy with me but I could sense something was wrong as she ran the probe over my belly. She'd stop in the same place multiple times and stay there for a moment in silence whilst clicking a few buttons.

"Is-Is there something wrong?" Odell gave my hand a squeeze as I finally found the courage to ask. The silence was too deafening. I could feel tears burning the back of my eyes as I glanced over to Dr Jones and I waited for her reply.

"I want to run some further tests but I think there might be something wrong with baby's heart, Demi" my heart froze as I glanced to Odell, tears beginning to line my lower lid.

"Like what? I-I thought they were fine."

"I'm afraid I can't put a diagnosis on it until we get the results from the fetal echocardiogram that I'm going to send you for. That'll take numerous readings of babies heart so we can see if there is anything wrong" I glanced back over at Odell who was playing with my fingers. He met my gaze, his eyes full of worry. "I'm also gonna refer you to a paediatric cardiologist who can discuss those results further with you."

"Will my baby need surgery?" I bit down on my lip as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"It'll depend on the diagnosis but if baby does need surgery, we can prepare for that once they're here."

"Will they need to be born early?"

"No, Honey, but we will keep a closer eye on you and baby in case something changes and we need to intervene earlier" I silently nodded as I stared down at my bump. I then glanced to Odell as he stroked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Can you see if they're a boy or girl?"

"I can. Would you like to know?" Odell leant to kiss my forehead as I nodded. "Baby's a boy, Demi" we were quiet throughout the rest of the appointment. Dr Jones explained what would happen over the coming days and weeks. I kept my hand on my stomach the entire time. I was fearful for my little boy. I'm supposed to protect him.

"What if he does need surgery?" I questioned as I sat in the back of the car, Odell at my side. He had his hand settled on my thigh as Max drove us home.

"Then we can prepare for that. We'll read up on everything there is to know about his diagnosis" his eyes held honesty. "We'll get through this baby" his hand moved to rest on my stomach. I managed to lean my head on his shoulder. The rest of the drive home was silent. I couldn't stop myself from thinking of the worst.

The sight of Olive toddling towards us did make me smile and I instantly lifted her onto my hip. She cuddled herself into me and I held tighter onto her as I ran my fingers through her curls. Her grip was tight around me as she babbled. I walked into the living room with Odell just behind me who was fussing Batman. I took a seat on the couch beside my mom.

"Hi Baby. How's baby?" I adjusted Olive on my lap. She kept herself cuddled into me.

"Dr Jones thinks he might have something wrong with his heart" I pressed a kiss to Olive's cheek as she played with a strand of my hair. "They need to run more tests though."

"His heart?" my lips lightly twitched at the corners.

"He's a boy" she brought her hand up to her mouth as tears welled up in her eyes. "He might need surgery, Mom" she leant into my side and wrapped her arm loosely around me as tears began to pour down my cheeks.

——