Twenty Four

Demi

I kept Olive cradled against my chest as I placed a gift bag onto the coffee table that has a balloon attached to the handle. It's a blue balloon with 'World's Best Daddy' across it. There's also a few blue balloons scattered around the floor. That's what happens when you're awake at 5:30 in the morning.

"You think daddy will like the presents, Princess?" she stared up at me as she sucked on her fingers. I took a seat on the couch and adjusted Olive on my lap. Batman jumped up onto the couch and curled into my side, his head resting near Olive's hand that he occasionally nudged with his nose. Her adorable little smile formed on her face as she stared down at him. "Is Batman funny, Baby?" her eyes darted to me as I spoke. I pressed a kiss to her temple, glancing up at the tv. It wasn't long later that I heard footsteps on the stairs. Batman darted off the couch, his tail wagging in excitement. I pushed myself to stand, cradling Olive against my chest. A wide smile spread across my face as Odell stepped into the room. "Happy Daddy's Day" his lips twitched into a smile, Olive's little legs kicked as he stepped towards us.

"Baby, you didn't have to do this."

"Of course I did" his smile widened as I handed him Olive.

"Hi Beautiful" he pressed a kiss to her cheek, the tiniest little coo left her lips. "I can't wait to hear your giggle one day" he spoke as he cradled her against his chest.

"You want a coffee?"

"I'll grab one, Angel" I rolled my eyes as I leant to kiss him.

"I can get you a coffee. You have cuddles with Olive and then you can open your presents" he pressed a quick peck to my lips and then settled onto the couch with Olive. I watched him for a moment and then headed into the kitchen. I made Odell a coffee and myself a decaf. I'm still breastfeeding so I limit myself to one non-decaf coffee a day which I usually have around mid afternoon. I carried them back into the living room, lowered them onto the coffee table and then took a seat beside Odell, Olive now fast asleep against his chest.

"What time is the table booked for tonight, Dem?"

"6" my mom booked a table at this new restaurant in LA for Father's Day. It has raving reviews. I just hope we can keep Olive away from prying eyes. "It'll be Olive's first proper time out in public" I lightly stroked the back of her hand. Odell pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "Let me take her so you can open your presents" he gently handed her over and I cradled her against my chest, her head resting in my neck. She stirred slightly as she was disturbed but she instantly settled against me, her little hand pressed against my chest. I pressed a kiss to the top of her head as Odell took a sip of his coffee and then he grabbed the gift bag. The first thing that he pulled from the gift bag was a bottle of his favourite cologne.

"How did you know?" I rolled my eyes at his smirk. He laughed as he stuck his hand back in the bag. He pulled out a personalised mug which had 'Daddy and his Girls' written on it which also had an adorable illustration of our backs. Little Iona had angel wings. "Baby, this is incredible" tears burnt at the back of my eyes as I bit down on my lip. "You're amazing at giving gifts" he leant to kiss me. He lowered the mug onto the coffee table and then grabbed the final present from the bag, it was a book titled 'My Dad Loves Me!'

"I thought it was cute."

"It's adorable, Baby" his lips formed into a light smile. "I love them" I slid my hand along his cheek as he kissed me. "And I love you both" he lightly caressed the back of Olive's head.

We just spent the day together until we had to start getting ready to head out. I just wore a simple dress and did my makeup natural. I dressed Olive in a bodysuit that had 'Daddy's Girl' written across it. I also slid her feet into some 'I Love U, Daddy' socks. She looked adorable.

There were thankfully no paparazzi outside when we got to the restaurant but we kept Olive covered with a blanket the entire time anyway. I don't want her face plastered all over the internet. I want to protect her from the harsh media. We were seated on a table at the back of the restaurant which kept us away from everyone else, it gave us privacy. It was nice to spend some time with my family. Olive got plenty of cuddles once she woke up from her nap.

We headed straight home afterwards and bathed Olive together. Odell took her into her nursery to get her dressed as I cleaned up the bathroom. As I walked down the corridor, I could hear Odell talking to Olive.

"Thank you for making daddy's day special, Livi. Daddy loves you so much, Princess" my lips twitched into a smile. "You are my world, Olive. You and your Momma. I will protect you for as long as I'm here with you" he was quiet for a moment so I moved into the doorway. He was relaxed back against the rocking chair with Olive cradled against his chest. He glanced up at me and flashed me a smile. "Hi Mommy" I slowly walked towards him. He slid his hand along my ass as I leant against the side of the rocking chair. I leant down to kiss him.

"You're our world too" I ran my fingers through his curls.

Liked by heathervonnorman, jillpowellglam and 7,157,426 others ddlovato Celebrating this little one's second favourite parent today 🤪😂 Happy Daddy's Day @obj 👼🏽👶🏽❤️View all 2,615,826 commentsobj Can't argue with that really 🤣      ddlovato ...

ddlovato Celebrating this little one's second favourite parent today 🤪😂 Happy Daddy's Day @obj 👼🏽👶🏽❤️
View all 2,615,826 comments
obj Can't argue with that really 🤣
ddlovato WE LUV U 😍❤️
matthew_scott_montgomery Cutie bb 🥺

——